Chapter - 12 -

Once I overslept, I opened my eyes. It was empty in the room. I slowly stood up from the bed and went out of the room. I went straight to Charles's room. His family were inside with him on the bed. "C-Charles!!" I said excitedly as I ran to him. I was immediately pushed back by someone.

"Don't you dare touch my son!" Barbara yelled at me. "He has regained himself back and I'm happy. I don't want you to give him more pain" she yelled at me.

"Mum, don't yell at her." Charles said weakly from the bed.

"No, let me tell her the truth" she turned to me. "Now leave this place" she yelled at me, signaling me to go out. I wiped my tears and went out. Mr White tried stopping me, but I ran off. I ran out of the  hospital and took a cab to the house.

Immediately I entered the house, I quickly went into my room and packed my clothes in a suitcase. My phone rang several times, but I didn't care to answer any of the calls. I sobbed quietly as I packed my things. Once I was done, I went downstairs and entered one of the cars at the garage.

I felt painted and betrayed. I drove to God knows where. I drove for some minutes before screeching in front of Cynthia's apartment. I came down with my suitcase and knocked on the door. 1 minute later, she opened it. "Hey-" she stopped when she saw me crying and my suitcase in my hand. "W-what, come in" she said helping me in.

We sat on the couch in her sitting room and I explained everything that happened, to her. "Don't worry Liv, you can always come here anytime you want" she rubbed my back.

"Charles is no more psychotic" I told her.

"Really!!!? Wow that's a great news" Cynthia smiled widely. We chatted for sometime before I went to the guest room to have some rest. By the time it was evening, Cynthia came into the room and told me I have to come and have my dinner. After dinner, I went back to bed.

    ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

It's been one week since I left Charles's house. Cynthia has been so helpful during this time. She will always be my best friend. I sat in her parlour, thinking about how my life will be with my child and I alone when there was a knock on the door. Opening it, my eyes met with those brown eyes that when I saw  for the first time charmed me. I quickly got a grip on myself. "What are you doing here Charles, your m-"

"Shhhh!!!" He brought his hand to my lips. It was then that I noticed that he had a bouquet of rose flowers in his hand. "Please Liv, let me explain myself and make it up to you" he whispered into my ear. I let him in after contemplating on whether I should let him in or out.

He sat on the sofa as I sat opposite him. Then, the awkward silence took place. I fumbled with the hem of my gown as I bent my head. "My mom had been mean to you and am so sorry for her nonchalant behavior and attitude towards you." He came to sit beside me and grabbed my hands.

"I'm sorry dear. Please forgive me for the sake of our child." It was then that I turned to him. His face as cute as ever.

"I love you Charles." I said.

"I love you too Liv" he said as we embraced each other. By the time we pulled away from each other, tears were already in my eyes. "Don't cry darling, it's all gonna be alright" he wiped my tears. I've never seen Charles so serious like this. Maybe it's because, he isn't psychotic anymore. "Go pack your bags, you're leaving with me" I nodded at him and went to pack my belongings.

I called Cynthia and told her about what happened before going downstairs to meet Charles. He helped me carry my bag to the car before he drove off. We drove in silence until, Charles putted on the music in the car, as if sending, that's what I need.