Chapter - 10 -

It's been two weeks since that event took place and ever since then, I've not heard or talked to Charles. I didn't bother either about him. It's Wednesday and am in my sitting room, watching a TV program.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing beside me. I looked at it and it showed 'private number'. I picked the call. "Hello" I said through the speaker.

"Hello Olivia" the voice sounded familiar, till I knew who it was.

"Hello Mr White, good afternoon" I sat upright.

"Good afternoon dear, how are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm fine, thank you" I said nervously.

"Well.....I called to tell you that Charles condition is getting worse by the day and you're the only person who can calm him down. Please, I beg of you, come back" he pleaded. I felt pity for both him and Charles.

"Ok sir, I will be there soon" I said, standing up to my feet.

"Ok dear, please be fast" he said before he hung up. I went upstairs and wore a blue flare gown. I glanced at myself through the mirror. I noticed my wounds were healing fastly and it wasn't that visible enough. Thanks to my consistency in taking my medication. After making sure everything was in order, I left.

I took a taxi to Charles resident. I couldn't forget the address. As I passed their gate to enter inside, I started reminiscing the event of that night. The guards took me to the mighty sitting room. I sat down, patiently waiting for Mr White. I was a little bit eager to know what was going on. After waiting for some few minutes, Mr White came to the sitting room. He had a sad look on his face.

I stood up immediately. "Good day sir" I greeted him, nervously.

"You can have a seat dear" he said as we both sat at the same time. "Would you like me to serve you with anything?" He asked.

"No.....thank you sir" I said politely. He cleared his throat before he started.

"Olivia, you may not know this but I love my son Charles. Ever since that day you left, he has not been himself. He have refused to cross the door of his room, neither have he opened it. He has also become more aggressive and pained. Please, forgive him and be with him. I can't afford to loose him" he said. I felt a drop of tear escape from my eyes.

I nodded my head, not knowing what to say. "He's upstairs in his room. Come on, I will take you to him" he said as he stood up. I followed him. We used the same direction to his room till we reached his door. Mr White knocked softly on the door but there was no response.

"Open son, Liv is here" he said looking at me. It wasn't long before Charles opened the door. His hair was tattered and he had some bruises on his face. His clothes were already torn. He still looked cute and charming even under his condition. His brown eyes hovered round me.

A weak smile quickly appeared on his face. "L-liv!, You came back" he said as he cupped my face with his hands. It felt so warm that I relaxed into it and held his hands.

"Yes Charles, I came" I responded. He pulled me into his hard and muscled arms. I wrapped my hands on his toned back.

"Please, promise me that you will never leave me" he said.

"I-I promise, I will never leave you Charles" and I meant it. We went inside the room and I saw how tattered and disarranged the room was. "Come on Charles, we've got work to do" I told him as I signaled him to join me arrange the room.

We did the arrangement for sometime before we were done. I glanced at Charles and saw how tired he was. "Charles" I called him.

"Mmmh" he turned to look at me.