aside

~~~

The following document is an aside. It has been a week and I have not been thrown into any notable spirals. More and more, I have been experiencing spirals that will begin and end in the same setting, and will let me leave minutes from when I first entered. So I have no spirals to note.

It is very early in the morning, and I am still up from last night. As usual, I cannot sleep. I am tired of reading books and playing video games. After school, I often stay in my room for the remainder of the day, completing my homework, and then rotating between activities until I grow tired. I am always tired. When spirals take me, I come out without any energy left and become lethargic, in a way. No one at home truly knows this, however, so I try my best to hide the effects.

I have been successful. Or at least I had been successful, that is, until the being in the center took from me.

Even when I arrive home again, I can still feel the slight, foreign hunger. It has been harder to hide the effects because of it. The hunger comes in waves, taking me off guard and threatening to consume me. I do not think anyone has noticed it, yet. But at this point, it is only a matter of time.

So, I will take the little girl's advice, and I will be looking for answers.

~~~