Chapter 1

"Lizzie!" I heard my mom scream, "Wake up! School's in 15 minutes!" I'm tired. Last night I stayed up until 3:38A.M watching my favorite show. I hop out of bed but get tangled in the sheets, the ususal. I go to my bathroom to get dressed and then I brush my teeth. "Liz, the bus is almost here, hurry!" My overprotective mom yells. Why does my mom have to be so protective? She's been acting this way ever since dad died in the car accident.
"Coming mom." I mumble.
"Liz you're going to be late! Faster!"
"Mom I got it! Is the bus here yet?"
"It's right around the corner, picking up Kasey." Kasey is my bestie. We have know each other for, lets say 12 years, and I'm 13. I hurry downstairs too fast and stummble down the hard wood steps. Owwwwww... I run out the door and race up the bus's steep steps. I plop down on thd last seat available and realize, I forgot my lunch. Finally, the bus arrives at the school and I hop out, waiting for Kasey to get out too. When I notice she doesn't come out I ask the bus driver if he saw her get on. He just nods his head. I start to get really nervous... Why did this have to happen today... The day we would present our projects... no..no... She wouldn't bail on me... Or have I been wrong about her my whole life...