Chapter 3

First, I yawn, then, I scream, then I faint again. When I woke up I wasn't in the same room, I was on a hospital bed, screaming hysterically. I felt like a new part of my body oppened up. I spot Kasey on the bed next to me, shes still asleep. No one is in the room with me exept her. Hen, the door opens, its the same guy who made me faint. "5 minutes until you're 14." He booms, making me shiver.
"W...Wh... What's wrong with Kasey?"
"You see, we bought her for $30,000 and we've been looking for her ever since Frank dropped her in the street. Her 'parents' Found her and took her under their wing. Oh yeah, that reminds me. Your mom is dead." I stare at him and a rush of thoughts go through my mind.
"WHAT?"
"She crashed into a tree with her car and it fell on her." No...No no no! This couldn't be happening right now... I'm about to turn 14 and now my mom's dead! I start crying like their was no tomorrow.
"5...4...3...2...1... Happy Birhday Kasey and Elizabeth!" I suddnely feel the urge to jump up and punch him in the face, but I can't do that with a bunch of straps around me. Wings... WINGS! I totaly forgot! I now have wings! I look at my back and can't see any feathers, but I know they're their because I feel stronger, more powerful. Suddenly, Kasey awakens, she looks weak, like she's been laying there for about a day. She looks at me, "L..Liz?" She says, her mouth dry.
"Yeah, Kase? It's me."