Chapter 5

We ran from room to room, well I did. I had to drag Kasey by the arms cause she was so tired. Then... I fell. Woah... what just happened... I see this short girl with slick black hair and eyes that could make you faint. "Hi, I found your body and your friends body laying on the blacktop, what are you and who are you?" The girl said, not hesitating a bit.
"I...I'm Elizabeth and this is Kasey."I say, pointing at Kasey.
"Cool, I'm actually a mutant freak like you." Mutant freak! Hey!
"What do you mean..."
"I mean this." Suddenly, I see huge wings sprouting from her back. Woah!
"Can you teach me how to fly? And whats your name."
"Sure, and my name is Kara... Don't have a last name... Well, lets go!" I follow her out of the building and on to the roof.
"Get your wings out!" Kara yells. I get my wings out and notice they are HUGE. Bigger than hers! Wow. I have awesome wings!
"Yeah you do!"
"Wait, what?"
"Oh yeah, silly me, I can read minds!" What.
"What...?" Then, she pushes me off the roof... I close my eyes and flap. Too late. The next second I find myself in a pile of trash.
"You gotta be ready squirt." I wasn't ready and I'm not a squirt.
"Sorry forgot about that."
"Yeah right." I mutter under my breath.