Chapter 7. The Mountains.

The red Honda SUV was travelling down the highway towards the foothills, and Jennifer was driving. Susan was on her cell texting her friend Lacey, Susan said, "Hey guys Tamara a few minutes ago dropped off Lee Anne, and she left Calridge." Lisa replied, "Oh gosh, I still can't believe that she is that large." Jennifer spoke in, "We will be at my family's cabin in an hour." Susan put her cell away and she sat back in her seat. The three girls were a good half hour from the rocky mountain foothills.

Tamara Sherring slowed down and said, "Hey Martin, let's do something, Let's head to the mountains for a while."

Martin replied, "Yeah let's do it." 

 Tamara then made a detour and she was now heading west towards the Rocky Mountain foothills. To Tamara's left was a secondary highway that went to the foothills, up ahead a good 25 miles was a small town West Brick a small town on the outskirts of the foothills. Tamara was now walking along the left side of the secondary highway. Travelling down this same highway was the Honda SUV and the three girls were listening to music. Jennifer was tapping the steering wheel with her left hand to the beat of the music

. Lisa was sitting in the passenger seat and she said, "Only 15 more miles and we will reach West Brick."

Jennifer replied, "I will need to stop and get some fuel and we can get some stuff at the gas station." 

Jennifer then looked in the driver's rearview mirror and the other rearview mirror. "What the heck!!" 

 The Suv moved side to side a bit as Jennifer drove into the other land.

Lisa put both hands on the dashboard and Susan in the back leaned forwards and said "What's going on Jennifer." Jennifer returned to the right lane and said, "Oh gosh look back behind us, it's Tamara." Susan unbuckled herself, and she turned in her seat and she looking back saw part of Tamara. Susan moved over behind Jennifer and she rolled down the window she stuck her head out a bit and looking back she saw Tamara Sherring.

 Susan pulled her head back in and said, "Oh gosh, she is following us."

Lisa replied, "I don't think she is following us, she may just be heading in the same direction."

Jennifer said, "Oh gosh she is coming upon us." 

Susan again stuck her head out and looked at Tamara. Tamara Sherring was walking along the right side of this secondary highway a good 100 feet off the left side.

 Tamara saw the red SUV up ahead, and she said, "Martin look at that small SUV up ahead, I'm just going to pass them."   Tamara and Martin had no clue that Jennifer, Susan and Lisa were the ones in the SUV.

Susan looking back and up at Tamara saw a person up there on Tamara's left shoulder, pulling her head back in said, "Hey Martin is sitting up there on her left shoulder." 

Now Tamara was coming upon the red SUV, and Susan again stuck her head out and now Tamara was behind the SUV. Jennifer looked at her speedometer and said, "I'm going to 60, and she is about to pass us, I'm going to go up to 85 hold on you two." 

 Jennifer increased her speed to 85 mph and as she did Tamara noticed the SUV speed up and she continued her walk. Tamara's walking speed was faster than the speed of the SUV, and Tamara was now passing the SUV. As Tamara reached the red SUV the three girls in the SUV were now feeling the trembling of the ground. Tamara Sherring passed the SUV and as she did Jennifer increased her speed to 90 mph even at that speed Tamara's walking speed was still faster.