RUN. [Foreword]

My paws pounded on the ground as I ran, ran, ran.

Have to escape...

Get away from the humans.

When my legs got tired, I didn't stop. I got down on all fours and continued on, racing through the undergrowth in the early sunlight.

Tears ran down my face as I remembered, remembered them all. The look on my mother's face as her soul was split from her body. Blaze, his look of agony as the human had slowly pulled the spear from his chest. The sight of the others, either fleeing in terror as I was or gazing lifelessly up into the dawn sky.

Finally, I was too tired to go on further. I collapsed to the ground, burying my face in my hands as I sobbed.

All of them... they're all gone.

There were others, others who ran away. Maybe they survived.

The thought comforted me slightly, but not much. At least I wasn't the last one left.

My ears perked as I heard footsteps. I wiped the salty tears from my fur and looked around the forested area, alert.

The footsteps. I knew from the heavy pressure in the sounds that this was no woodland creature.

I scrambled to my feet, breathing heavy as I searched for somewhere, anywhere, to hide.

There. There was a small space underneath a bush. I dove under the brush, not caring that my fur got tangled and matted with leaves and sticks. Curling up as tightly as I could in the small space, I looked out the small opening between the leaves.

A few humans entered the clearing, three of them. All of them carried spears.

The lead one, a blond-haired human with black clothing, turned to his companions.

"We should split up here," the human said, "Any sight of any of those creatures, attack them."

The other two nodded, and headed off in different directions.

The blonde haired human stayed, however. His eyes, piercing blue like ice, darted around the forest, scanning his surroundings thoroughly.

I curled up tighter in my small hiding space, keeping my eyes on the human. My heart pounded, trying to beat itself out of my chest, throwing itself against my ribs in a frantic panic.

The human swept his gaze over the area again before warily walking on, his expression alert as he continued on. Soon he was out of my line of sight.

I sat there in complete silence, frozen with fear as I waited, waited for any sound, any scent of the human.

I heard nothing. When I sniffed the air, I couldn't find his scent.

Looking and taking one last look around the clearing, I decided to make a run for it. I would eventually be found here.

I leapt from the undergrowth, the branches of the bush tearing at my fur and the tender skin of my ears. I didn't look back as I raced for the cover of trees.

Fiery agony shot up my back leg, and I cried out in sudden pain. I was sent sprawling to the ground, breathing heavily. I looked back at my leg, where a spear now stuck from a deep wound in my leg. Crimson blood gushed from the injury, staining my grey fur and making it sticky.

And oh, did it hurt like hell.

A human, the blonde haired one, stood not too far away. He grinned, a hunter satisfied with today's catch.

Me. Ironic, seeing that wolves are usually the hunters of the situation.

The human walked up to me. How had I not smelled him when I was hiding? He must have been downwind.

His eyes met mine. "Leaving so soon?" He asked.

I bared my teeth, growling as I tried to pathetically pull myself away from the human.

He put his foot firmly on my injured leg, and I whimpered as I tried to keep in my screams.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" The human smiled. "Don't worry. I'm saving the best for later."

He wrapped his hand around the handle of the spear. I gritted my teeth, clenched my jaw hard enough to give me a headache, as he slowly began to pull it out. A squelching noise was heard as the spear was pulled agonizingly slowly from my bloody flesh.

My vision blurred, doubled, and finally blackened as the pain took over me.

———

WHOO WE GOT BP BACK HEREEE :DD
RANDOM MOTIVATION GO BRRRRR

737 words