Part 5

Ambrose calls Yuu into his office in the morning and tells her the news.

"Crowley and your friends have planned a surprise for you. Do you want to go?" Ambrose asks, worrying what the surprise is going to be.

"Um...yeah, sure! I do miss my old friends," Yuu responds, getting excited at the thought of her friends at NRC.

"Well then, we shall go!" Ambrose exclaims.

~~~~~~

Phillip, Yuu, and Ambrose walk to Ramshackle dorm and wonder what NRC is planning. When they get to Ramshackle, the bushes and trees are still bare, but at least the sky is clear and blue. Crowley greets them at the dorm's door and blindfolds Yuu as she steps inside.

"Crowley, what type of surprise is it? Is this going to make her stressed?' Ambrose whispers to Crowley.

"No, it won't. It should make Yuu very happy," Crowley responds to Ambrose.

Yuu lets out an excited scream, and Ambrose comes running inside.

"I can't believe you guys fixed everything! I even have a shower now! I can actually bathe!" Yuu squeals, jumping up and down.

"Oh, that's nice Yuu-wait, were you not bathing before??" Vil asks, getting scared for Yuu's skin.

"Technically, I used leftover water from water bottles, collected rainwater, and dew from the mornings to bathe. For soap, I used olive oil from the other dorm's kitchens," Yuu responds, excited she doesn't have to wait until it rains to have a shower again.

Vil walks out the door and goes to his dorm to get the special kit of skincare products made for Yuu.

"Thank you, everyone!" Yuu exclaims, hugging Crowley, Deuce, and Ace.

"I have to say the dorm is an improvement from when it was previously. Good job, Crowley!" Ambrose compliments, putting his hand on Crowley's shoulder.

"Does that mean you'll give us Yuu back?" Crowley asks, hoping Ambrose would say yes.

"We would, but Yuu and her cat companion have grown accustomed to RSA. In particular, Yuu and Phillip are getting along well," Ambrose responds, noticing the shift in Yuu's and Phillip's relationship.

The feeling from early in the night comes back to Crowley, and he realizes who's taken Yuu's heart captive.

"YOU! What have you done with Yuu? Why is she so friendly with you?" Crowley screams, pointing at Phillip, his overprotective father instincts kicking in.

"I haven't done anything. I've just been taking care of Yuu and her cat," Phillip replies, hoping he won't die here.

"Lies! Malleus cast a truth spell on him!" Crowley exclaims, much to Ambrose's chagrin.

Malleus pulls out his magipen and casts the truth spell on Phillip. The magical energy surged through his body.

"Yuu and I danced in the ballroom and kissed two times!" Phillip exclaims, covering his mouth afterward. "Hm!"

Silence falls upon Ramshackle, and everyone is looking at Phillip.

"How dare you violate our friend's lips, arrogant child of man!" Malleus screams, his eyes burning bright like a fire.

"I knew those pompous, flirtatious, chivalrous, and entitled princes would try something with Yuu! Phillip probably romanced Yuu with lavish gifts and food! The school basically bribed Yuu!" Deuce accuses, getting ready for a fight.

"I hardly think giving a starving, malnourished, and homeless girl food and basic needs is a form of bribery," Ambrose mumbles, looking at how ridiculous everyone was getting.

"You guys are all overreacting. Phillip kissed me on accident. I kissed him back!" Yuu exclaims, trying to stop a brawl from happening. "Oh, screw this! We both know they're too angry to think logistically now!"

Yuu grabs Phillip's hand and runs out of Ramshackle and into the woods. They pass by Vil as they run away from the mob of Yuu's angry friends.

"Vil, stop them! That boy kissed Yuu! Twice!" Epel screams, running faster than a gazelle.

Vil nearly drops Yuu's skincare kit and charges at Yuu and Phillip.

"Rook, hold this! I've got a pest that I need squash with my boot!" Vil screams, shoving Yuu's skincare kit onto Rook's chest.

Since when did these boys become my overprotective brothers?!

Yuu and Phillip run past thorny bushes and tree stumps that want to trip them at every turn. They keep running through the forest until they reach the picnic spot that Neige took Yuu to. They follow the river and hope it leads back to RSA.

~~~~~

"Haaa...haa...I'm so tired..." Yuu pants, heading in between the grassy canyons. "I never knew Vil and Riddle could run so fast in high heels..."

"Princess, if you need to stop and take a break, don't hesitate to tell me," Phillip says, sitting down on a rock. "We're close to the academy. If we head northwest, we should be able to get back to school."

"I can see my room from here. Let's walk a few more mi-" Yuu replies, tripping over a wet stone and falling onto the ground. "AAH! FUCK!"

Phillip rushes over to Yuu and scoops her up.

"I think I fucking sprained or broke my ankle or something!" Yuu cries out in pain. "It hurts so bad."

Yuu's ankle is swelling rapidly and turning into a disgusting reddish-purple. Phillip runs to the academy and scales Yuu's window with her in his arms. He gently puts Yuu onto her bed and tells Grim to fetch the nurse so Yuu can help. Phillip strokes Yuu's head and tries to calm her down.