Chapter 3: The Meeting

Yo, sorry this took so long, ya boi's recovering from the good ol' virus that's been sweeping life itself for the past few years. Still a work in progress, recovery wise, but I was able to hyperfocus on writing this chapter this evening and cranked out half of this in what felt like an hour, so do with that what you will lol

(also all poison mushroom slander in this is affectionate lol)

-----------

The cookies entered the main hall to see a large table with cookies from every stretch of earthbread, who all looked at them in surprise, some with any combination of fear and anger on their faces. At the front, was a cookie in a large suit of armour and a face that has seen countless years of war. His hair was as white as pure icing and tied back in a ponytail, and his beard was full. Next to him, was a blackboard, with a diagram of a dragon, along with what appear to be battle plans. The cookie also looked surprised to see them, but more stoic than the others around him.

With the other cookies beginning to stare daggers, Vampire cookie proudly presented the three new cookies. "And here it is! Here they are, everyone!~"

A cookie near the blackboard spoke, one who looked mighty unimpressed with the whole ordeal. His hair was short but wavy; his bangs blocking one tired eye. His cape made him almost seem regal, but his attitude was that of annoyance. "Didn't I tell you multiple times this was a bad idea?" The cookie asked, pushing up his large glasses with a sigh.

"And didn't I tell you multiple times it's fine, Espresso?" Vampire Cookie responded. "They agreed to the truce, and here we are, safe and sound!"

"That most certainly does not mean they're worthy of our trust." The cookie argued.

"They're right there..." a voice from next to him whispered to him, seeming rather alarmed.

"Enough." The stoic cookie interjected. "We will keep an eye on them. But for now, it appears there is no need for alarm. But" The cookie then looks at the newcomers, with a stare that would make even a mighty dragon tremble in fear. "We will be keeping a VERY close eye on them, and we will not tolerate any funny business. Is that understood?"

"Yes." Dark Choco Cookie nodded confidently, followed by a more nervous nod from Licorice, and just a look from Poison Mushroom Cookie.

"Good." The armoured cookie nodded in return, before turning to the blackboard. "Anyways. Our plan thus far is as follows..."

After around half an hour of the plan being discussed, Vampire cookie, who has been visibly bored the past five minutes, raised his hand.

"Hey," Vampire Cookie began, annoyance clear in his voice, "Why is the shark in the front? They're like a marshmallow; their head would just be bitten off or somethin'." He asked with a chuckle.

Licorice Cookie was rather shocked by this, whispering to Vampire Cookie in fear. "What are you doing..?"

"What?" Vampire Cookie looked at Licorice Cookie, with a smirk and a chuckle, resting his legs on the table. "The plan was stupid, someone had to speak up, yknow? Otherwise we'd come back one cookie lighter. What's the deal, anyways?"

Dark Choco Cookie, despite his attempts to hide it, was rather stressed by this interaction, while Licorice Cookie was hysterical. ... Poison Mushroom Cookie, however, was just staring.

"No, it- ... Have you been in a meeting like this before?!" Licorice Cookie asked in a whisper yell, "You'll be crumbled!"

Vampire Cookie chuckled, looking at Licorice Cookie, glancing at the others. He was rather confused, but at the same time, amused. "Ha, what?"