I: The Jinchuriki Returns!

Naruto couldn't wait to see the leaf village again. It had been so long, and he wanted to see his comrades again.

He sniffed the air. It smelled like dry leaves, with a mix of fresh green grass. He was used to this smell, it's what it had always been like.

He ran through the red gates. He could smell the dust that rose up from the ground behind him. This was his home.

He climbed up the nearest lamp post and admired the view. Everything was still the same.

But where was Sakura-chan? And Kakashi-sensei?

Anyway, he had to go check his apartment first. Everything was covered with a thick layer of dust.

But all of his attention was on the photo. The photo that he always kept on his desk. It was a photo of team 7, of him, Sakura-chan, Kakashi-sensei, and... Sasuke.

Back then, he had swore to Sakura-chan, that he would bring Sasuke back.
But he couldn't do it. He was too weak to stop Sasuke.

Next time, he would make sure to drag Sasuke back to the leaf, to his home. It was his goal, as well as becoming the Hokage.

Enough thinking about the past, we have to focus on the present.

Naruto closed his eyes, took a deep breath and left.

He would have to report to Grandma Tsunade that he had returned. Maybe Sakura-chan would also be there?

He had always admired Sakura-chan. She was simply just awesome. She had perfect chakra control, and she probably had gotten a lot stronger during these past two years.

And of course, she was brave. She cried sometimes, but that didn't mean she was weak.

Crying doesn't necessarily mean being weak. And never crying doesn't necessarily mean being strong. She was mentally strong. She wasn't afraid to show her feelings by crying, and didn't feel ashamed of crying.

That's what Naruto admired about her.

Of course, He loved her. She was simply perfect. He couldn't name a single negative thing about her.

He would dream about her at night. He would think about her during training. He just couldn't keep her out of his mind.
He was just so in love with her. Her beautiful pink hair, and her emerald-like eyes. Her eyes were always glimmering with hope, and that gave him hope too.

She was his sun.

And he would never leave her side. No matter what.

She was the reason he had the energy to wake up in the morning. She was the reason he could always get up during fights. Even thinking of her gave him an energy boost.

He was afraid of just one thing.

Of losing her.

And... What if she would reject him?

Even thinking about it made his heart shatter. He just wanted to be the strong pillar, that everyone could rely on. If he would be hearbroken and sad, no one would rely on him.

The best choice was to simply not tell her. If he'd never confess, then he would never get rejected.

I tried writing this chapter based on my own experience, and I don't know if I like how it turned out 😅.