VIII: Gaaras revival

I woke up. I slowly blinked my eyes and adjusted them to the light. Sakura-chan and Kakashi-sensei were both sitting in front of me, talking. Sakura-chan turned her head to me, and I saw a faint pink color on her cheeks. It was probably my imagination, I thought.

I had been unconscious for a few minutes, and now we were gonna head back. We started getting ready to leave.

We brought Gaara to a field full of sand shinobi. They were all excited to see us return with the Kazekage, but soon they noticed that everything wasn't right.

Gaara was laying dead on the fresh grass. We were all gathered around him. Some of the shinobis looked terrified, others just sad.

- I'll just skip the reviving thing -

Granny Chiyo had used her jutsu to sacrifice herself to bring Gaara back to life. Gaara blinked a few times, and then he slowly fully opened his cyan eyes.

He saw sand shinobi cheering all around him. They were all more than happy to have their leader back.

We continued our journey to the sand village. When we would arrive there, we would stay there for a small while and then return to the village hidden in the leaves.

At the sand village, our team shared one room. We'd spend the soon rising night there, and at sunrise we'd continue the journey.

Kakashi-sensei was somewhere. It was just me and Sakura-chan. She sat in front of me, and we were both talking about stuff.

I just wanted it to last forever. I just wanted the moment to last forever. Seeing her smile made me the happiest person in the whole world.

I felt my heart race. I quickly took a look in her eyes. She looked right back, and quickly looked away as soon as our eyes locked. I felt a small smile form on my face.

I stood up, and sat down next to her. We locked eyes accidentally again, and I saw her blush a little. I couldn't stop my smile from growing.

I moved my head a bit towards her. She closed her eyes, and rested her head on my shoulder. It was just like in the dream.

We just stayed still like that for a while.

.

..

...

Should I do something?

.

..

...

No, this was comfortable.

.

..

...

On second thought...

.

..

...

I'm gonna do it now.