VII: The Kyuubi's cloak

We had managed to bring the blonde Akatsuki down.

I did the hand signs again, and brought even more shadow clones to the battlefield.

Me and my shadow clones started trying to dig Gaara out from the clay mess. Finally my hands reached him. His skin felt cold and lifeless, as if I would have digged a corpse up from a grave.

I held him in my hands. He wasn't breathing, and had his eyes closed. His skin felt cold, and he didn't move at all.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek. Soon the singular tear turned into a river. I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop it. And I wanted to be as brave as Sakura-chan.

I gave one of my clones Gaara's lifeless body and turned to look at the blonde Akatsuki standing on the ground beneath me.

He was grinning, and it made my stomach twist. How could he laugh about death? I wanted to get revenge. I felt power surging through my veins.

I heard the kyuubi whisper in my ears. I felt unstoppable. I let the kyuubi consume my mind for revenge.

My skin started to rip away, transforming into the kyuubis cloak. I felt a tail appear.

I yelled. I cursed them.

Why would they do this?

Why was the Akatsuki after us?

Why us?

It wasn't our fault we had to bear the power of the tailed beasts!

It wasn't our fault we became Jinchurikis!

And one of them was right in front of me!

A member of the Akatsuki!

I was ready to risk it all.
I was going to get revenge for Gaara!

I felt the kyuubi take over. It was like being unconscious. Like being in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by nothing.

I could hear faint noices.

Someone yelling my name...

Scratching...

Punching...

I felt warm blood spill on me from nowhere. My vision started to come back. Everything was blurry. I saw something pink...

Someone was holding me and there was something pink in front of me...