Chapter 3

(Apollo’s POV)

I really can’t decide what’s giving me more of a headache, the blaring of my alarm in my right ear and the snoring of my best friend in my left ear. I lift my right arm and smack my bedside table aimlessly, successfully finding and shutting off my annoying alarm. I then lift my left arm and start smacking my bed, and best friend, successfully shutting him up but getting a pillow to the face in return. 

The shifting in my bed tells me that he's getting up, probably to take a century and a half in the bathroom getting ready. An “I hope you know I hate you.” Is closely followed by the slamming of my bathroom door.

“I love you too Nick!” I called back, laughing slightly. In the nine years I’ve known Nick he’s always hated mornings, they're just not his thing. “If you hurry up we can go and get McDonald’s.” 

“I’ll be done in twenty minutes. And you’re paying!” He calls back. I look back at the clock to see the numbers 6;05 a.m. blinking back at me.

I walk over to my drawers and pull out a pair of old black jeans, socks, underwear, a t-shirt, and a hoodie. I start my short journey to the guest bathroom and take a, much-needed, warm shower.

~~~~~~<3~~~~~~

Two breakfast burritos, ten McNuggets, two large Coke Zeros, and a caramel frappe later Nick and I still are sitting in my truck in the school parking lot at 7:25.

“Did you really need chicken nuggets and three drinks?” I ask rolling my head to face Nick, who's blinking at me like I’ve just grown three heads.

“Of course, I needed it, Apollo. I’m a growing boy!” He slaps his hand over his heart and snaps his head to the right, looking away from me like he’s offended. 

“Whatever.” I sigh, knowing I would never win this argument against the drama queen I call my best friend. “Come on, coach wanted to talk to us before school.”

~~~~~~<3~~~~~~

It is currently 12:46 in the afternoon and I’ve heard about these supposed “new kids” at least twenty-six times since Nick and I stepped foot into this school, fifteen of those twenty-six times were from Nick.

"I wonder where the four of them are from? What do they look like? What are their names?-" Nick was currently rapidly firing questions at anyone who would listen.

"NICK!" I snap. "Shut up! They're new and they won't be here till Monday, so no one knows yet." He makes a sad face that I think was supposed to resemble a kicked puppy but he just looks constipated. "Stop making that face, you look constipated." 

Nick gasped loudly at that and slapped my arm repeatedly before denying the fact that he looked constipated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! Hope you enjoyed today's chapter! I promise they'll get longer as we go on.