Multi-interested

"Bruh, if she touches and hugs up on me again, I'm grabbing that ass and sticking my tongue down her throat," Brandy confided to her friends.

"Well, damn," Beyoncé said.

"Yeah, right," Monica replied at the same time, sarcastically.

Brandy stared at Monica and cocked a brow. "You think I won't? It's only so much I can take."

"Brandy, please. Whenever Whitney's around you act like a little church mouse...you ain't finna do nothing to that lady."

"Maybe except in her dreams," Beyoncé said.

Monica chortled."Right, only in her little fantasies."

Brandy rolled her eyes. "Y'all think I'm playing."

"Remind me again what she's been doing, to have you so hot and bothered?" Beyoncé said.

"Besides being fine? Well, she's one of the nicest people I've ever worked with. She smells good, she's funny, she's intelligent...and, yeah..." Brandy smiled, in a daze.

" What's she doing to make you think you have a right to cop a feel?"

"I never said I had a right, I'm just tempted. Whitney is one of the most touchiest, feeliest people I've ever met. She's always touching my hair, grabbing my hand, and giving me hugs."

"How does she touch your hair?"

Brandy demonstrated by moving some of Beyonce's hair behind her ear. Then she moved the other side of her hair over her shoulder. "Shit like that."

Beyoncé hummed. "Maybe it's a motherly thing or there really is something there."

"I definitely don't see her as a mother figure."

"Duh," her friends chorused.

"It's obvious that she's fond of you, but that don't mean she want you to touch her goodies," Monica said.

"Is she single?" Beyoncé asked.

"As far as I know. I never hear her talk about a boo."

"Okay. Is she straight?"

"I have my theories, as you can see. But I'll find out."

"I think you should."

"Why are you encouraging her?" Monica asked Beyoncé.

Beyoncé shrugged. "Maybe there is something there...all she has to do is make a move."

"Are you prepared for rejection? I just don't want you to be hurt," Monica said, turning to Brandy.

"Miss Debby Downer over here. If she doesn't want me, fine. I'll be okay."

~~

"There she is," Beyoncé reported to Monica with a grin, seeing Brandy walk through the doors of their favorite hangout spot. "Oop, look what she got on. Okay, Bran, I see you."

"Hi guys," Brandy said, smiling softly when she reached their table.

"Don't you look cute," Beyoncé acknowledged. 

"Don't she?" Monica agreed.

"Thanks," Brandy said, sitting down.

"Why you acting all bashful?" Beyoncé asked after a beat.

Brandy eyed her menu. "Hmm, what do I want. I think I'm feeling a milkshake..."

Beyoncé and Monica exchanged looks.

"Brandy, everything good?" Monica asked.

"Huh?" Brandy looked up. "Yeah, why?"

"You're acting a little off, but was just checking."