-Just Friends-

Marinette felt her heart ache, hearing the giggles of another girl down the hall as Adrien shushed her playfully while leading her into his dorm room. This is why she never wanted to see him again. He would only hurt her, and she didn't have time for distractions.

Besides, she knew he wasn't looking for a committed relationship the moment she saw him in that stupid hallway.

She rolled her eyes at the giggling and unlocked her dorm room, slamming it closed and letting out a sigh. She leaned the back of her head against the door, blinking the tears away. She looked at the rose on her desk, gripping the note that came with it.

Sleep well, princess

--Pretty boy

She took one last look at that beautiful red rose, and threw it in the trash. It was gonna die anyway. She thought to herself, placing her purse on her desk and heading to the restroom. After rinsing her body in the shower she hastily brushed her teeth in attempt to distract herself. She didn't want to think about what Adrien was doing in that room with that girl.

She already knew... But she didn't want to think about it.

She then washed her face after a cleansing bomb, and moisturized after patting her skin gently with a fluffy towel. She used her favorite eyelash serum, her secret to having naturally long lashes... then applied a rose lip balm. She slipped on a pair of pink panties, and a loose pajama shirt, she didn't bother with shorts.

She collapsed on her bed, groaning into her pillow before turning on the lamp. At times like this, she really missed home... Her favorite cat pillow and pink walls that represented her innocent youth. The scent of freshly baked pastries and the comforting presence of her supportive parents. She thought about just that before drifting off to sleep.

***

She sat straight up when her alarm began to ring, pressing the snooze button on her phone. She stubbornly stayed in bed for ten more minutes. She didn't ignore the second alarm, and smirked when she got an idea. She decided she was going to look hot instead of letting him see through.

He didn't matter. She didn't need him.

She followed her usual routine, brushing her teeth, her daily morning gua sha, washing her face and using a moisturizer with sunscreen. She followed her usual make-up routine and decided too blow out her hair with a round brush and hair dryer. She planned to be a bit late to her first class. Unmistakably...

She picked out a black tube top and light wash Jean shorts, outlining the curvature of her petite body. She wore her favorite jewelry, and a pair of red vans. She grabbed her bag and headed out the door, making sure Adrien wasn't in the hallway.

She arrived to class five minutes late into the lecture.

The professors usually didn't mind. Seeing as they got paid the same amount no matter who showed up to class. So they didn't say anything when Marinette strut into class a little late. Her head high and she walked though the door with confidence, a pretty smile on her glossed lips.

Most of the men in that class found her appearance mouth watering, and stared at her even when she sat down. She was interested in only one particular reaction however, as Adrien became noticeably nervous.

He cleared his throat as she took the seat beside him in the front row, getting a whiff of the perfume she was wearing. He tried not to look at her, but his eyes betrayed him the moment he stared at the side of her face. His eyes traveled lower, and lower, and wow... He gulped, folding his hands in front of him as Marinette tapped her red pen on her bottom lip.

She knew what she was doing to him...

He thought about that girl through out the whole day. And then it was finally the last class, which he had her in. Unmistakably... After the lecture was over, he grabbed her wrist before she could leave class. "W-wait up..." He said softly, and Marinette turned and stared at the blonde with a blank expression.

"I... Wanted to apologize for yesterday." he said, looking to the side and rubbing the back of his neck. He was still holding her wrist, and the tension was thick. He looked down into her blue bell eyes, his heart aching. Why did she always make him feel that way...

"For what?" She asked, and he gulped when she stared at him expectantly. Maybe she didn't see him with the girl... No, no way she had to have. "Well... I didn't mean to be such a jerk." He said bluntly, "I was trying to prove something stupid I- I don't know..." He looked to the side again, and Marinette pulled her hand away.

She sighed and shook her head, "I don't know what's going on with you Adrien... But you don't have to prove anything to me." She said softly, her eyes locking with his. She could see the hope in his gorgeous green eyes, but she didn't know what for. "We're just friends." She said, and he felt his chest tighten.

He had never been friendzoned before...

When he didn't say anything, she took her opportunity to leave. She had assignments to do, and she wasn't going to let herself get distracted. Adrien stood at the same place, speechless. Just friends? Maybe he could work with that... "Well don't just stand there..." The professor said, Adrien offered him a small smile before running after her.

"Well, since we're going the same place I can walk you to your dorm." Adrien said, surprising the bluenette. She shrugged, looking away from him. The walk there was silent, and Adrien hated how nervous she made him feel. His usual smooth and effortless act going flaccid the moment his eyes met hers.

The two stood in front of Marinette's dorm, she gave him a small smile before beginning to shut the door. He placed his hand on the door to stop it, "Wait... Marinette I-" his heart hammered in his chest when she looked at him. "About the girl..." He could see her blue bell eyes dart to the floor at the mention of her.

"I hope I didn't upset you." He said softly, his eyebrows narrowed. She could tell he was genuine, but she didn't know what to say. Her hands gently released the side of the door before she spoke. "Adrien, yesterday was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had in my life, I got to sing with Jagged Stone at his concert... I have to thank you for that." The bluenette said thoughtfully.

He smiled a little, and nodded. "Honestly, you did upset me. But you also reminded me why I'm here in the first place. I want to be a fashion designer, Adrien... That's the whole reason I even went to college. That's why I'm here, right now." She said definitively. "I don't have time for distractions... But that doesn't mean we can't be friends."

Adrien gave her a small smile, and nodded. "I understand... I'll be right down the hall if you need me." He teased, making her giggle. "I'll see you tomorrow, princess." And with that, the blonde waved and was on his way. Marinette closed her dorm room, falling against her bed and checking her phone. She was about to call Alya when she received a text from an unknown number.

Hey Marinette... It's me, Luka. Alya gave me your number.