Hawthorne's part

When I was younger, I wandered into the stables. It's not the kind of stables you think. Each of the stalls had magnificent, leathery, winged creatures. They were deep blues, vivid greens and fiery reds. They were gleaming blacks and earthy browns. What was in their mouths- it didn't strike me that they were teeth. They weren't malignant-looking, or yellow or cavity-bearing. What I saw was an opening filled with hundreds of serrated white knifes. I was enraptured by them. What were these creatures? Why had I never seen them before?

I didn't even notice. I promise. I didn't get there on purpose. I was on the body of a dragon who was as white as pure snow.

The wind was whipping past me with tremendous speed. Every breath I took came out as vapour. I had to wriggle my toes inside my boots to keep them alive. It was worth it. I looked down to bright white roofs on brown houses. I saw a tall crooked black building spouting smoke. I saw tiny multi-coloured dots moving on the streets. I saw spindly trees that looked like spiders. I saw thick glaciers that looked like tiny ice cubes. I saw the whole of Nevermoor. The dragon flew through grey, strormy clouds. Sun gave way to moon, light gave way to dark, grey gave way to black. 

The yellow moon and gleaming stars seemed brighter than ever. And the snowy body of the dragon had turned as black as the night. The air was crisp and frosty. My fingers were starting to look blue. I pressed them against the warm body of the dragon. I felt smaller than ever. But if you had seen only my face, you would have never known it. Cold and scary, it may have been, but it was the happiest I ever was. I hadn't eaten in an age, but I didn't feel it at all. Soon, the sky tinged with pink and orange, and so was the dragon. Of course, just because I didn't feel hungry, it doesn't mean the dragon wasn't ravenous.

It flew down and down and down. I was getting warmer and warmer. Before I knew it, we were back at the stables, in front of my sleep-deprived family who had followed my tiny footprints to the stables and spent the night there. I saw them, and then everything went black. The next thing I remember, is waking up by the fireside, curled up in blankets, that day's dinner in the air.

I knew that I could never be happy on land as I had been the previous night. I could do that for a lifetime, and I would never get tired of it. That night had been the coldest, scariest, hungriest night, and the only time I hadn't slept. Yet, this had been the best night I had had, and the time I had been the happiest.

How many ever things I did not know, I knew that I had to get on a dragon again, and that I could do the same thing again and again till life's end.