Middle school isnt that bad

"Avery Jo it's time for school get up!" I heard my mom yell up the stairs at me... I just roll over and ignore her. Today is my first day at another new school. Lincoln Sudbury! Home of the Warriors... I say that with the most sarcastic tone.

"Come on AJ if you don't get up you know she will come up here with a bucket of ice water." My older brother Camron came into my room t pulling the covers off me.

"Cam get out." I say reaching for the blanket.

"No you don't want to miss your first day of middle school." He says.

"I don't want to go. Cam you know I suck at making friends." I say bring my legs up to my chest wrapping my arms around my legs and laying my head on my knees.

"Well maybe if you would quit being a prude..." he says and I throw my pillow at him and he laughs. "I'm just saying step out of the box and try to make some friends." He says and I smile.

"Fine. I'm only going because mom said they have a good theater program." I said pointing my finger at him

"You are such a nerd! Now get up geek we are going to be late." He says and walks out.

After Cam tried giving me a pep talk I roll out of the bed and put on a pair of my black skinny jeans that had a few holes in them. I put on this Grey washed out tshirt that says "Theater is my sport" with a red and black flannel. I put my red converses on and grabbed my black Bennie and put it on along with my glasses... I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs I saw my older sister Kate and my twin brothers Camron and Matt eating around the kitchen table.

"It's about time darling." My mom says handing me a bowl of cereal and some orange juice. I sit next to Camron. I love my siblings but Camron and I had a stronger siblings connection.

"So Avery are you excited to start middle school?" Katie asks as she is eating her Eggo waffles.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I say and roll my eyes and Cam nudges me.

"Oh come on Ave you should try to enjoy these years..." my dad says as he walks in giving my mom a kiss

I love seeing how in love they are... My dad studied abroad the first few years after he graduated high school... He went to England to be a Surgeon. Then he broke his tooth and met my British mother who was a dental student and the rest is history pretty much they moved back to the U.S got their degrees got married and had my Older sister Katie and then Camron and Matt then me... My dad got a really good offer here in Massachusetts so we just moved here about two months ago...

"I will try dad..." I say and give him a fake smile

"Alright my loves it's time to go off to school." My mom says waving us to the door "Your dad and I will be late tonight so y'all order what you want for dinner." My mom added and kissed us all on the cheek

"Again?" I said and sighed

"Come on short stuff ride in the front with me today." Cam says and pulls me along

"This is the second week they have worked late." I said crossing my arms in the passenger seat.

"They are just trying to get everything set up at there jobs AJ. Just be happy they are home with us before we go to sleep." Matt says getting in the back seat. I ignore him

"I know it's hard now Avery just know they love us all so much." Katie says getting in on the other side of Matt in the back seat.

"Yeah I know." I say and look out the window. I was quite for the rest of the ride.

We pull up to the school and I feel my heart drop... my hands start sweating. Katie and Matt get out first. I feel frozen like I couldn't move... then I felt Camron's  hand on my shoulder with shook me out of my frozen stance.