A Very Long Recovery

I felt my self push myself awake... I saw Chris looking at me and I saw tears in his eyes

"Hi baby. You scared me." Chris says placing both hands on the sides of my face...

"The baby. Is the baby okay?" I ask and I saw his face dropped which made me ask again "Chris is the baby okay?" I ask once more and then then Scarlett and doctor Kelly walks in.

"Welcome back Avery. How are you feeling?" Dr. Kelly asks

"My baby. I want to know about our baby." I say and I saw a sad look on Scarlett's face...

"Avery... I am so so sorry. You lost the baby." I felt like someone just shot me 10 times in my chest I put a hand to my mouth and felt the tears come to my eye

"No... no. Not our baby." I say and Chris was next to me with tears in his eyes

"I know baby. We are going to get through this." Chris says and I started hyperventilating and felt my heart rate go up.

"Her heart rate is rising we have to give her another sedative to keep her calm." I heard Dr. Kelly says

"That's going to put her back to sleep she just woke up." I heard Scarlett say

"If I don't she will have a heart attack and I'm not losing another patient today." She says and injects my IV line and I fell back asleep.

Chris POV
I saw Avery close her eyes again and she had tears on her face I couldn't help but cry. To see her so upset about our child I just wish I could carry all the pain and weight not her. I sat in the chair next to her and cry into her bed while holding her hand... I finally fell asleep in the chair I was sitting in next to AJ's bed.
~
The next morning I heard the door open and I open my eyes to see my mom and dad come through the door.

"Hi honey." My mom says and hugs me then I hug my dad

"How is she son?" My dad ask

"Well Um. Not good. She lost the baby and has a irregular heart beat at the moment so they have her on a sedative to keep her calm because if her heart rate rises she could go into cardiac arrest." I say and I felt the tears coming to my eyes my mom was over by Avery pushing her hair back.

"Oh Chris im so sorry." My mom says and hugs me and I cry again.

"I just want her to be okay. I know we both won't be okay for a while but I need her to be okay I already lost my child I can't lose my best friend and love of my life. I just can't." I say and let the tears fall. My mom just let me cry on her. Then I saw the door open and in walks Shanna and Logan and I walk over to my sister and cry.

Shanna looks to mom and she has tears in her eyes and shakes her head which told shanna that the baby is gone and I am not fine. Shanna starts tearing up and she pulls away from me

"Everything is going to be okay." Shanna says and I nod and she pulls me back into her
~
A few hours go by and Avery's parents show back up and the others were in the waiting room.

"Morning darling. How is our girl this morning?" Miss Stern asks

"Um well..." I say and explain what happened last night

"Oh my sweet baby." Miss Stern says and walks over to place a hand on AJ's face...

"Chris why don't you go shower and try to eat something." My mom says to me

"I wanna be here when she wakes up." I say looking over at Avery

"I know you do sweetie but I promise I will call you the moment she wakes up." My mom says again and I nod.