Chapter 4

I've been staying at the farm for a few days now. Carl and I have become friends, Daryl's been different then I remember. He's been stuck on finding this little girl named Sophia, I've never seen him like that. At least he's not a complete asshole like before.

I was helping Lori hang up clothes on the laundry line when Carl came running over.

"Hey sailor!" He said running towards me. I gave him a look.

"Come here" he took my wrist and pulled me behind a the farm.

"What?" I whisper yelled.

"You wanna do something useful for once?" He said.

I punched him in the shoulder playfully "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh come on, we both know my mom and Daryl would never let us really help, you know with the walkers and all"

I just squinted looking him in the eyes "I guess your right" I said with a shrug.

"Well, come on, follow me!" He said and ran away.

"Hey wait for me!" I said and ran to catch up with him.

***************

We where in the middle of the woods, our of breath.

Carl took a big breath of air and breathed out. I put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"Damn, how are you not out of breath" I said looking at the ground.

Carl just shrugged, his eyes where closed. I stood up and put my hands on my hips.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"I feel free, all my mom does is treat me like I'm some kid! I mean, I'm 16!" Carl said rubbing his forehead.

"Heh, at least you have a mom who cares..." I trailed off, regretting what I had said.

Carl turned to me, to my surprise he gave me hug. I stiffened up, but then hugged him back. He was warm and...wait hold up! I pulled away from the hug.

I stood there for a second, Carl staring at me. I heard a noise and quickly spun around.

"It was just a squirrel" Carl said with a small chuckle.

I just rolled my eyes. I walked over to a log and sat down. Carl eventually came and sat next to me.

"So, what was Daryl like before all this?" Carl asked.

"An asshole" I said. After a few seconds we burst out laughing.

I whipped a tear from my eye and had a big smile on my face. I turned to look at Carl, and he was staring at me with a small smile. I looked him in the eyes. He leaned in. But there where moans sounding from behind us, which made us jolt up.

"We better go" Carl said grabbing my wrist and running.

*************

We made it back to the farm just before dark, perfect. Carl and I walked into the house and saw Maggie and Glenn getting into a fight. So me slowly walked back outside.

"Wonder what their fighting about" I said.

Carl just shrugged and walked down the stairs I followed behind.

"Hey kids! You hungry?" Lori asked.

"Yes!" Carl and I said at the same time, which made us both laugh.

*************

After we where done eating Carl and I went into our tent to chill.

"So what's it like to be a girl?" He asked, trying his best to be serious, but ended up laughing.

I laughed "well, we have this little thing that comes every month a-"

"Ok ok I've heard enough" he said laughing.

Out of no where Carl started tickling me.

"Carl, stop, stop" I said through laughs.

"Stop you win! You win! Carl!" He finally stopped we where on the ground laughing hysterically.

"What my prize?" He asked rolling over to face me.

"Well, I have some walker blood, very nutritious" I said with a laugh. He laughed too. We sat up putting our backs against the tent.

"I thought I would never laugh like that again" I said looking straight in front of me.

"Well, you just did so" Carl said.

I punched his arm playfully.

"Your strong for a girl, you know that" he said facing me.

"I've been told" I said looking back at him.

He stared into my eyes and I stared back. Without warning I felt a pair of lips on mine. My eyes where open and I tensed up. Finally I kissed him back.

**************
I thought this was a fun chapter! What do u think?😂

Vote, comment, and follow💕