tutoring. ashtray :)

( i didn't look at this after so if there's typos i'm srry anyways continue)
math.

I'm not gonna lie, it's not really my best subject.alright, so i am failing it by a little bit, but i blame it on my teacher. he kinda sucks.

i sit at my table with my friends, my chin resting in the palm of my hand.

Math teacher: y/n

eyes shift up and look at my math teacher.

Y/n: hm?

i reply, humming.

Math teacher: if think you need a tutor, and i've got one for you if you'd like.

Y/n:or you can quit and i can get a new teacher.

i mumble under my breath.

Math teacher: pardon me?

Y/n: oh um, yeah that'll be great.

Math teachers: he will be waiting in the library after school for you.

he says before waddling off to help some other students.

Friend: you have to have a tutor? how low is your

Y/n: I dunno, forty seven percent or something.

they all cover their mouths as if i just told them i murdered someone. soon the bell rings, informing me about my tutoring appointment thing in the library.

i rush to my locker, taking out all my science and biology books i need, which were a lot
i carried them towards the library and walked in, listening to pure silence. the only noise i could hear was my own breathing.

i glance around, looking for anybody who looked remotely nerdy enough to be my science tutor. just then, as i was wandering around, my foot decided to stop working, causing me to fall straight onto the ground.

Y/n: shit!

i yell, making everyone look at me.
my face goes a deep pink colour as i hear a familiar chuckle from behind me. absolutely not. he didn't just see that, did he?

Ashtray: that deserves a gold medal.

i turn around and meet eyes with ashtray also known as the golden boy of our school. he was a nice guy i guess. and he was sitting at the table right behind me.

Y/n: hi... ashtray.

i say, getting off the floor and picking up my books.

Ashtray: hey y/n, it looks like I'm tutoring you today.

Y/n: aren't you like a drug dealer?

Ashtray: hey math is the key to drug dealing
(idk if it is but yk continue)

i sit down, placing my bag against the leg of the chair and put my books onto the table.

Y/n: okay i'm ready i think.

i tell him, adding an awkward giggle after.

Y/n; alright so for long division you have to times the two numbers together?

i ask, utterly confused. he pinches the bridge of his nose.

Ashtray: no, you see how many times that number goes into three in this case.

Y/n: oh! that makes a lot more sense.

his eyes shift up to meet mine.

Ashtray: good.
———
days like this went on for months, until we ate
lunch together, hung out after school, played sports together and so on. it was one particular day when our relationship grew.

Ash: so y/n,

ash began. we were sitting in the cafeteria
eating our lunch and talking about my upcoming exam. my eyes shift to meet his.

Y/n: yeah?

Ash: are you walking home today?

he asks me. i nod my head.

Ash: how about we hang out after instead?

he suggests, fiddling with his fingers.

Y/n: yeah, that would be amazing!

i tell him, he relaxes and after lunch we head off to class. after school i made my way through the halls to my locker. i punch in my combination and grab all my needs. when ash comes up to me.

Ash: hey y/n can i ask u something

Y/n: sure ash

Ash: instead of us going as friends can me make this a date?

Y/n: i would love that

and that's how the relationship started ;)

___________________________
sorry i haven't updated school has been hell with all this testing and shi but i'm back and i'll try my best to keep up. -angelica :)