𝟽. ᴡɪᴢᴀʀᴅ

"What is all this screaming about?" Esperanza asked as they were in the living room looking at Carlos who was in the ground holding a scroll and Luz on top of him holding a pillow ready to hit him on the head

"Luz accepted a quest from some wizard client." Carlos said and groans as a pillow slammed his head and the scrolls snatch from him. "Not sorry." He said.

"Ugh! Wizards are the worst. Never trust a man in casual drapery." Eda said and looks at her. "Why did you accept that request?" Esperanza asked her niece and Luz looks away with a whistle.

"Your wizard client told Luz..." King starts laughing just a bit while talking. "She was a... was a Chosen One!" King finished laughing loudly.

"Wait, wait, Luz?" Eda asked and cackles dropping on the floor with King slamming his fist, Carlos was going to fallow when his mother gives him a look making him clear his throat. "Not funny." He said.

"Enough! What did I say about you talking to strangers? Specially a place we don't know much." Esperanza said looking at Luz and Luz frowns looking down. "Stranger danger, but he was nice Tia. He even give us some food and drinks." She said and Esperanza frowns her hand out.

"Let me see that paper." Esperanza said seeing the scroll in her niece's hand. "Here." She gives it to Eda who finished laughing and takes a look at it.

"You didn't think this was real, did you?" Eda asked and Luz looks at her confused. "What?"

"This map is bunk. There's no lake with a Celestial Staff on the Boiling Isles. I would have stolen it ages ago." Eda said and saw the look of disappointment in her face making her frown. "Ah, don't worry. Couple more months here and you won't look like such a mark." Luz looks at the map with a sad face and pushed Eda's hand from her head.

"Can I have some time alone?" Luz asked and Esperanza kiss her head. "I'll be downstairs if you need me, let's go Carlos." Esperanza said and Carlos points to his room.

"Actually, I'll be going to my room." Carlos said and she nods. "Okay." Esperanza said and kiss his head.

____

"Finally! All that mean‐spirited laughter made me sleepy." King said taking a spot on the couch. "Crony, wake up. You said that wizard was one of my clients?" Eda asked and Esperanza pays attention to this.

"Yes. Now go away." King said shutting his eyes to sleep. "I don't know him that well." Eda said taking a spot between Esperanza and King, with enough force she sends King flying in the air. When he lands back down he sighs, jumps down from the couch and jumps back on Esperanza's lap. "And I don't trust this itch he's scratching in the human."

"Less talky, more nappy." King said and takes a nap and Eda sighs standing up. "I'll be back." She said and Esperanza nods only to jump feeling a tingle.