So grown up.

Meet me. Simone Musonda. It is my very first day at Mulungushi university. I am originally from the Northern province of Zambia, to be more specific, Kasama and even more specific Roan area.

My town is a beautiful town if I may say so myself. It has mountains, rivers and friendly people, well Zambians are generally friendly people and we make a joke out of everything. Something that needs to change for the better, the social media posts I've seen from some pages might go too far at times but that is my country. Speaking of Kasama, I once climbed the Makutu mountains..
Yeah going up was a thrill so I went as far and high as I could. The real problem came about when it was time to come back down, if you try that experience you will run down the hill so fast it will be hard to keep up I nearly knocked into someone as I was on my way down. Yes so coming back to me...

I'm at Mulungushi to learn about design, cutting and tailoring as a short course as well as food and nutrition as a long course, if you are wondering how I am making it work. I am because I'm awesome, and also, well... tailoring begins at 14 to 17.

As I have arrived here at Uni I feel free, for the first time in my life I feel a bit free this is honestly because my past is a whole other story. Though that doesn't matter because I'm 20 now, I'm grown up and I know better.

And by the way I feel so grown up right now, I travelled from Kasama to Kapiri Mposhi, where MU is located on my own. I just got off the taxi that brought me here and apparently where I'm standing now is 'up school' this is where the registry and important offices are located.

My eyes almost pop out of their sockets I've never seen buildings this huge and surroundings this cool. I walk down a few stairs into the main administration office. The building is big and clean and up staired as I'm about to walk in a few guards offer to watch my bags for me, I look around and just like they say, other people have left bags with them so these guards might be trusted. I walk into the main glass doors and I notice the reception, I guess that must be the registry. located right in the centre, I look l look left and right and notice long hall ways. The lady instructs me on where to go from here in order to get my forms approved and for me to be registered I walk towards my right to the academics offices. The hallway is long and I feel like I keep going on and on. There are a few lockers on my left, the men's room women's and then...

Students start walking to and from some coming in, others going out. I notice so many cute guys and pretty girls too and the dressing is not the regular dressing you find in Zambia, very short skirts, jumpsuits, crop tops. Okay when the say that one is in university in Zambia then it is truly something new. After being officially registered in the university members I am on my way back. The guards help me to take my bags to my hostel and I give them a small fee. The hostels are apparently 'down school' which is a bit far from 'up school'. Yes!!!. finally at university studying my dream course.