Chapter 26

"Zephyr!" A voice calls after me, but I don't stop running. I keep running until I hit the water. I fall to my knees and let the waves drench me. The water burns my eyes due to its high salinity. It causes more tears to fall. "Zephyr!" I turn to sea Luka a few feet away from me. "Don't take another step", I say. He brings out his wand and casts a binding spell. I instantly bring out a protective spell, dodging his blow. "You learnt how to use magic?" He asks, surprised.
"Yes. Now move."
"Okay." He takes a step back.
"But you know that this wasn't supposed to happen", he says.
"Yeah. I was supposed to kill you, the day I found out!" I hiss.
"Now. Forget the past."
"No. I won't. I can, but I won't".
"Why not?"
"Firstly, we are on different sides of the game. I'm with Aaron and Morgana"
He chuckles a little.
"And secondly, I don't want to do anything with you".
He stands still for a while. Then he takes a few steps forward. I don't move. "I understand. But just know this much: the two sides are merging. Trust no one". And with that he leaves me standing on the beach. I stand by the water for a few more minutes, calming myself down. Then, I dry myself a little, and walk back to the car, thinking about Luka's last words.
***********************************
I see a worried Aaron standing in front of his car, talking to Yasha and the other girl. "Zephyr!" Aaron exclaims. I run and hug him. "If I'd known you were wet, I wouldn't have let you hug me", he says. I punch him playfully. "Z what happened?" Yasha asks. I avoid eye contact with him. "Nothing". "Well, you can't just run away and come back and say nothing!'' Aaron says. "Who's Luka?" I ask. "He's part of another... Group." Yasha says. "What group?" I ask. "Necromancers". I look at him, startled. "A necromancer-" Aaron starts, but I interrupt him. "I know what that means. I just didn't know they existed". "Well, if witches exist, then why can't necromancers?" The girl asks. "I'm Katherine. You can call me Kathy or Kate", she says extending her hand. "I'm Zephyr. You can call me Z". She laughs. "Whose idea was that?" "My friend, Michaela", I reply. "Oh, but from what Yash tells me, she seems more like a sister", she insists. "Of sorts, yes", I smile. "So you two are..." I stop myself before the words leave my mouth. "How do you know each other?" I ask instead. Katherine opens her mouth to speak, but Yasha cuts her off. "I'll explain later", he says after I give him a questioning look. We all get into the car and head back home.
*****************************************
Hey guys! Short chapter I know, but bear with me please. I'll be much better soon okay?