III: The value of one's life

NARUTO POV:

I really didn't get it.

Why would he leave the village, that had been his home for so long?

Even I was smart enough to figure it out. I had learned a lot of stuff during my shinobi years, and one of the things I had learned was that, that no one was a villain for no reason.

Everyone had different views on living. What was the reason we exist? The point of living?

If you think that the point of living is to become the strongest, then you do anything to achieve that. But if you think that the point of living is dying, then you try to achieve that. Or you might think that there's no reason for living, so you don't have anything you seriously want to achieve in life.

You might want to achieve peace in the whole world, but you might have a weird way of trying to accomplish that. Even if someone else would want to achieve the same goal, your approaches might differ a lot. For example, one might kill everyone in their way, and the other might try to change their enemies view on life and living beings, or their view on human rights & the value of one's life.

That's why one will never be able to fully understand someone else's view on life or why they do something, even if the other tries to explain it. And to even understand a bit, one must have empathy for others, otherwise you can't understand what has lead to the other one viewing life the way they view it.

Even I understood that much.

I didn't know what sensei felt deep inside his heart, but I knew that he wouldn't leave for a light reason.

I wondered if his past was similar to mine. Sensei never mentioned his past. Not even once.

I knew what it felt like to be all alone in this cruel world. All alone, with no one to make memories with. No one to laugh with, no one to play with. Having no parents, and always getting hit by the villagers.

Feeling like no one could understand your pain. Wanting to beat them all up, and showing them that I was worthy of attention too.

But I never did it. I wasn't brave enough. I didn't have enough courage to ever even try it.

At some point, I stopped caring. I couldn't care less if they would whisper about me and give me disgusted looks.

They thought I was a Jinchuriki.

No matter how many times I would tell them, they wouldn't believe me.

They would tell me that the whiskers on my face told them otherwise. It wasn't my fault I was born with this unusual birthmark.

Now that I really thought about it, the third hokage that everyone had respected really was a real coward.

Now that I was older, I finally had realised it. A small 5-year old shouldn't live alone in a small apartment and wonder if he has enough money for food.

The third hokage was that busy, that he couldn't help me at all, huh? Well, I guess that sitting in the hokage's office doing nothing is more important than taking care of a small child that really needs someone by his side, huh?

That just shows how unfair everything is. Because he was respected for protecting the village long ago, he was allowed to do anything.

I guess he didn't view my life as important as other people's lives.

.

..

...

I can't believe that at somepoint of my life I thought that was fair.

Maybe Kakashi-sensei experienced similar childhood trauma?

If only there would be someone I could ask about sensei's past.

.

..

...

Now that I think about it, I have never heard about his past teammates.

Something might have happened to them, causing sensei to feel all alone?

.

..

...

Isn't there a book related to topics like that at the Hokage's office?

Don't they keep information about every team there?

I just have to find Sensei's name from there, and find out what happened to his team. If nothing has happened to them, then I can try finding them and gather more information from them.