IV: Our own fantasies

NARUTO POV:

I was holding a dusty old book.

.

..

...

Not on this page either.

.

..

...

Not here.

.

..

...

I flipped to the next page. There was a picture with a young blonde man with three students. Under the picture was the members names.

"Team 7:
Namikaze Minato
Hatake Kakashi
Nohara Rin
Uchiha Obito"

The young man was trying to calm the two boys down. The girl was smiling at the camera, and the boy with goggles looked visibly mad at the other boy.

The boy with silver colored hair and an annoyed expression was Kakashi-sensei.

I felt like I had seen his sensei somewhere before. His yellow spiky hair looked oddly familiar to me. It reminded me of my own spiky hair.

Now that I looked closer, there was more information regarding the members on the page.

The handwriting looked like the third hokage's handwriting.

"Namikaze Minato (deceased)
Hatake Kakashi
Nohara Rin (deceased)
Uchiha Obito (deceased)"

What I had suspected was actually the truth.

He was the only one still alive.

Then I remembered it!

I had seen the young blonde man before in a painting!

The only problem was, that I couldn't remember where I saw the painting.

KAKASHI POV:

.

..

...

I wonder if anyone misses me at all.

.

..

...

I can't expect that to be true.

.

..

...

Why should I feel empathy for others? Why should others feel empathy for me?

Everyone in this world believes their own views on life to be right.

But what they don't seem to understand, is that not everyone would agree with their opinion.

We all live in our own fantasies believing we are the main character. A person, that the whole world revolves around.

In reality, one single human is unable to do anything by themselves. We can't expect everything to go our way and we can't expect everyone to agree with our own individual opinions.

That's reality.

There is no god. There is no savior.

I, myself, want to achieve peace by killing people.

Whenever there is winners, there will be losers as well.

Whenever there is light, there will be shadows as well.

No matter how hard you try, you can't cut this infinite circle of evil and good.

Unless there is less people. If there is only people that all think the same way, there won't be any dark side to good things. That's what I strive to make reality.

Killing is no big deal if you shut down your empathy for others. Just forget that they have their own lives. Make yourself believe they are only side characters in your story. But, at the same time, don't make yourself believe you are the main character.

It may sound weird and impossible, and not logical at all, but it's possible.

Just force your brain to believe they are only NPC's.

Force your brain to believe they don't have any feelings and they don't have their own individual lives.

They are just side characters. They don't have their own story. They are there to just support the main character in a way or other.

NARUTO POV:

.

..

...

I had managed to gather even more information regarding the past team 7.

I was right. I had seen the man before on a painting.

The 4th hokage.

He had been Kakashi-sensei's sensei.

The same man that had invented the rasengan.

I had also learned that his teammate Uchiha Obito had died during the last great ninja war, and not long after, his other teammate Nohara Rin had also died.

Before her death, Rin had been made into a jinchuriki, and because of that, she had wanted to die.

.

..

...

How much does one have to get hurt to want to commit suicide?

It was not like I had any reason to live either. I had been almost like an empty shell for so long, I didn't know how it felt like to be afraid of dying someday.

Dying would be like getting to freedom.

I...

The last person to actually make me feel something was Sasuke.

He...

He accepted me.

He was like a brother to me.

A big brother, that would always tease you about small things.

And he was gone too.

Sometimes I thought about just leaving my current life, and starting my life all over from the start.

Just leaving the village, moving to a small town and living the rest of my life there. Having nothing to worry about.

I knew that was impossible.

I was a shinobi.

There was no way to escape that reality.

There was no way to just "move on" from my current life.

If only I could escape this reality...

And start everything over, have a loving family, get lots of friends, fall in love, get married, die together,..