V: You are just you

KAKASHI POV:

How long had it been?

I didn't know anymore.

It didn't matter anymore.

The Akatsuki's plan was to slowly take over the world. Basically, having full control over the five great nations.

That was perfect for my plan too.

Us humans waste enormous amounts of energy on attempting to do things that are quite impossible.

You are not going to improve the world.

And you are not going to improve yourself.

The part of you which is supposed to improve you is exactly the same part that needs improving.

You are just you.

You are just who you are.

Once you accept that fact, you have an enormous amount of energy available to do things that are possible to do.

And everyone looking at you will say:

"Look how much they have improved!'

I won't simply improve the world alone. Like I said, it's impossible. You will just waste energy trying to do impossible things like that.

I can't alone do much. But I'll do what I can, and I won't try attempting impossible things like trying to erase all evil from this world alone.

And of course, I'm gonna improve myself as well. Like I said before, I am not going to try improving myself.

I'll improve myself without trying it. That's exactly how people can actually improve themselves. You have to subconsciously improve yourself, without trying it consciously.

Anyway, enough thinking for now.

Sasori died a while ago, some time before I joined, and Tobi replaced him. I replaced a member called Hidan, that also died a while ago.

Because Tobi replaced Sasori, he got partnered up with Deidara. I got partnered up with Kakuzu, who takes care of money matters for the Akatsuki.

Right now we are searching for the tailed beasts.

I have also improved a lot during this time I have spent with the Akatsuki.

Nothing was stopping me anymore.

There were no laws for me.

The only rules were to do what Pain told us, and the rest didn't really matter.

.

..

...

NARUTO POV:

No matter how hard I tried to think, I couldn't find another way.

Sasuke...

The only person, who actually made me feel something.

He was family.

He was my brother.

And brothers look out for each other.

The only way to reach Sasuke...

Granny Tsunade wouldn't let me go look for Sasuke again.

The only way to find him was to take matters into my own hands.

I need to follow in Kakashi-senseis footprints.

But, I can't find Sasuke on my own.

What about...

Sakura?

...

I have a plan.

It's selfish, I know.

I'll tell Sakura that we have a mission to find Sasuke. We already have some clues about Orochimarus current location, so she won't ask granny Tsunade about it.

Then, I'll never tell her that there never was a mission like that.

She can return to the village on her own, and get questioned.

And I'll continue my life with Sasuke.

And maybe,

Just maybe,

We can see Kakashi-sensei again.

.

..

...

Sasuke wants to kill his older brother, Itachi from the Uchiha clan. I am not all that strong yet, but I believe I can be of help to him at some point.

I'll help my brother accomplish his dream. No matter how much it makes me want to look into the mirror and ask myself: "what are you thinking."

It's for his sake.

Because,

When he's happy, I'm happy.

It's as simple as that.

And if we can accomplish his dream together, our bond will be stronger than ever.

I don't care what I have to do. As long as I'm with my brother, I'm happy.

First things first, I must change out of these clothes. The bright orange on my shirt will only make me more rememberable and more easily noticed.

I'll come look for you, Sasuke.

This time, I won't try to save you from the darkness.

This time, I'll join you. I'll always stand right by your side, until I inhale for the very last time in this lifetime.