Chapter 3

He can't.

Those we're the first two words that came out of my pretty little lying mouth. I know you're wondering why I said that. Well, from what I learned last time when some boy tried courting me in high school it was hell.

His name was Mark. He was a junior while I was a freshmen. He and I met when my best friend Mary and his brother Max started dating and since they both we're nervous since it was their first date they asked us to join them and make it a double date.

Which is really pathetic since it's your first date with the guy you like and you bought your best friend and brother? Like seriously.

After that Mark and I hit it off then when Mark wanted to meet my family I refused but since he's Mark, he gets what he wants.

Family Dinner with Mark was the worst dinner of my entire life. My Dad and Brothers always give all my suitors the cold shoulder, the glare my brothers give that they got from my dad and of course the QUESTIONS!

They're questions are always pushing way, I mean WAY out of hand. Last time Drake asked Mark if he had sex with me. I mean like, what?!

After that dinner Mark didn't call, text or even acknowledge me for about 3 months until I caught him lip locking with Pricilla.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe we we're just some fling or maybe to Mark we we're just a fling but for me, I thought it was real.

As always I crawled back to my dad and brothers and said "Alright, you told me so. I shouldn't have listen to you guys"

At first I thought if I admitted that they we're right and I was wrong. They will always treat me like a little kid but maybe it was for the best since I already got hurt, might as well get my pride crushed too.

"Why can't he come here and meet us?" asked Owen.

"Because..um...because he's um....he's" I stuttered. Think Skylar! think think think!

"He's busy with baseball. yeah, yeah that's right! He's busy with baseball because West Port has a game this Saturday" I said with a nervously smile hoping they'll believe me but really he does have a baseball game this Saturday he's just not really busy.

"So he's into baseball huh? Alright then. We'll come to the game on Saturday and we wanna meet him then alright?" said Owen then he nodded towards the stairs mentioning me to go to my room. I stood up from the couch and ran upstairs to my room.

"You're brothers' want to what?!" asked a very nervous Nathan through the phone.

"My brothers want to meet you Nate, they said they'll meet you after your game on Saturday" I said while biting my bottom lip.

"Who told them about my game on Saturday?" asked Nathan, confused.

"I might of told them since they asked to meet you. You know I can't lie to them Nathaniel. they already found out about us, I can't lie anymore" I said.