EPISODE 2

Both Neil and Avni were walking after that village guide. He led them to a small cottage. It was almost at the outskirts of the village. He handed them the key.

Man: ab aap log dekh lo.. mujhe ghar jana hai jaldi..

Neil took the keys and looked on. He saw the lock. It was an old rusted kind of thing hanging in the door. Avni looked on feeling confused.

Avni: (to herself) ab yeh lock khol kyu nahi raha hai.. itna drama to serial mein bhi nahi hota jitni overacting yeh aadmi real life mein karta hai.

He was still standing there with the keys in his hands.

Avni: ahem ahem.. kholiye na..

Neil looked at her and then back at the door.

Neil: mera mood nahi hai..

Avni: what the f... Sorry.. kya matlab hai mood nahi hai?

Neil: nahi hai matlab nahi hai.. tumhe kholna hai to khud khol lo...

He said handing her the keys of the house. She made weird faces at his words. She was about to insert the key into the lock when stops thinking something. She turned and saw Neil looking at the door lock and keys intriguingly.

Avni: wait a minute.. Kahi aisa to anhi ki aapko yeh lock kholna aata hi na ho...

She popped her eyebrows while Neil looked away trying to avoid her eyes.

Neil: mujhe sab aata hi.. lekin woh... woh..

Avni: woh...

Neil looked away trying to think something valid to reason for this.

Neil: woh kehte hai na ki ladies first to main bas wahi kar raha tha... isiliye maine keys tumhe di.. kholo jaldi...

Avni narrowed her eyes at him but said nothing. She turned and opened the lock. As she opened the door Neil looked at her with amused eyes.

Neil: (to himself) aisa ajeeb lock pehli baar dekha hai.. aur isne khol bhi diya... strange..

They walked inside the house.

It was of simple design. There were two rooms. A small kitchen area to the left of the hall. It was furnished with a small sofa set.

Neil: yeh kya hai??

He almost shouted making avni flinch in fear. She faced him and gave an impossible look to him.

Avni: dheere nahi bol sakte kya aap.. aur yeh kya kya kya hota hai... ghar hai accha khaasa...

Neil: is se bade to humare servant quarters hote hai... kaha phas gaya hoon main.

Avni rolled her eyes at his arrogant statement.

Avni: ab kya hai na.. is chhote se gaao mein aapko five star rooms to milne se rahe... jo hai yahi hai.. isi se kaam chalana padega..

Neil: lekin isse ghar kehta kon hai... main Raj se baat kar raha hoon...

He was about to turn to go out but avni stopped him.

Avni: please calm down Mr. Khanna kuch dino ki baat hai manage kar lenge.. atleast yaha hum safe to hai na...

Neil sighed and looked around.

Avni: (sighs) so ab jo humein yahi manage karna hai.. woh right wala room main le leti hoon aur aap saamne wala le lena... hall or kitchen common reh jayegi..

Neil looks on disnterested.

Neil: fine bye me.

He stomped to his room taking his suticase behind him While avni looked at his retreating figure. She sighs.