Chapter Six

The next morning, Dora walked out of her dorm and headed to the dining complex a few minutes walk away. She had arrived late last night after dorm lock and was grateful that her roomate was considerate in getting ready this morning as to not wake her.

Her roommate had also set out some gifts for her for her arrival and Dora had been greatly touched by the kindness. There was a note of welcome, some snacks, and a stress ball.

Dora came to the dining complex and signed in with her card. Choosing her breakfast meal, she headed over to one of the tables and sat down.

Overall, she liked the campus. It was big but the people were friendly and kind. She was the quiet type but she knew that if she found the right people, she would be fine.

"Dora!"

The pretty black-haired girl looked up and saw a young man, very familiar, walking up to her, a big grin on his face. He was followed by a huge, hulking silver being with large, white eyes and a grinning mouth.

"Carlton, hey!" she replied happily, getting up and walking over, hugging him.

"How was the trip?" Carlton wondered, pulling back after a moment.

"The flight was aweful but at least I got here," Dora said. "Again, sorry for not being able to make it to the homecoming event."

"Oh, it's alright, my friend here helped me out," Carlton replied, gesturing towards the large being beside him. "Dora, this is Riot. Riot, this is Dora."

Dora stared at the creature in curiosity.

"Hello, Riot," she said, with a little nod. Riot returned it and smiled.

"Hello, Dora," he replied politely. "Carlton here tells me that you're pretty close."

"Oh," she blushed. "Yeah, we've known each other since preschool."

"Oh, really? Carlton told me it was kindergarten," Riot mused, glancing down at Carlton.

"Okay, y'know, people get mixed up sometimes," Carlton said with a smile.

"Hmm, suuure," Riot replied with a smirk. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go get some breakfast."

Carlton shook his head but he was smiling.

"That's my roommate Riot," he said. "He's a bit quiet, but he'll talk occasionally."

"Hmm. I'm curious, is he one of those Klyntar beings who were interested in coming here?" Dora asked.

"Yup. He and a few others came," Carlton said. "I can't remember all of their names, but I think you have one of them as a roommate, but I'm not sure."

"Wait, what?"

"They won't hurt you, y'know. They're quite harmless."

"Yes, I know, but I'm just surprised that my roommate's one of them."

"You'll get used to it," Carlton replied with a smile. "If anything, give them chocolate. They eat it a lot."

"Noted." Dora paused. "Aren't you going to go get some food?"

"Oh. Oh, yeah. Uh, I was just wanting to talk, y'know?"

"Yeah, well, you're roommate seems really nice."

"He is. He was quiet at first and then he opened up more at homecoming. He's actually really funny. You should ask to hear a joke."

Dora smiled.

"I'll be sure to do that while you're drinking something," she smirked.

"Hey, I almost died yesterday because of just that, so I'm not going anywhere near a cup of water or anything liquid when he starts," Carlton said with a small laugh.