CHAPTER SIX

'Miss Sinclair, is it true Josh McKay, has proposed to you?'

Another demanded, 'Are you having an autumn wedding?'

Caitlin panicked, as they thronged her. How was she going to safely get to her front door? She was surrounded by these invasive monsters.
Suddenly a pair of strong hands reached for her, one arm went around her waist, firmly easing her past the cameras, guiding her to the door, taking her keys and getting her into her penthouse. A glass of brandy was thrust into her hand and she was ordered to drink.

 She was too unsettled by the media outside to argue, gratefully raising the glass to her lips. She felt the strong liquid burn as it found its way into her empty stomach. Unable to resist those magnetic eyes any longer, she cautiously looked up into the angry eyes that waited patiently for her to get over the ordeal from outside. His eyes studied her, taking in the tired eyes, her body language exhibiting fatigue. His eyes trailed over the sexy black lace top that emphasized her beautiful well rounded breasts, and down to the pencil skirt that caressed her frame. He was unable to resist a glance at the seemingly unending shapely legs.

Having tortured himself enough, he demanded, 'what the bloody hell is going on?'
Caitlin shifted away needing some space, she played for time pouring herself another brandy. This is not good on an empty stomach, she cautioned herself. If only she could just climb into her bath right this minute. She pondered on Nicholas' question. Was he referring to the circus outside, or was he making a reference to Josh or was it about him and her?

What him and her, her mind screamed?

'Caitlin?' He questioned irritatedly.

She drained her glass and carefully placed it on the table. 'Am I supposed to be answerable to you now?' she challenged.

His eyes narrowed dangerously. A storm brewed in Caitlin's eyes.

 'What Nicholas!' she was livid now. 'What exactly are you questioning me about?' she demanded. 

He glared at her, his turn now to be in no great hurry to answer. The phone rang as she waited for his response.

'McKay clocking in?' he threw sarcastically.

'Better than you've ever done,' she flung at him, all flushed as she answered the phone. 'Caitlin Sinclair, good evening,' she answered.

Nicholas helped himself to a scotch, glaring at Caitlin on the phone.

'It would be good, if I was with you right now,' Josh's voice moaned.

Caitlin's face went a deeper shade of red.

'Hi Josh,' she could not talk right now.  It felt too uncomfortable with Nicholas' eyes piercing at her, like he wanted to annihilate her or something.

'Can I call you back in a while?'

A while depending on how long it takes to get rid of His Highness. 

'Don't take too long, I'll be waiting,' he hung up.'

'What are you doing with McKay?' Nicholas demanded.

'Why are we having this conversation I wonder?' She tossed at him.  'As far as you were concerned you did not want "formal contracts!" Do you recall the conversation Nicholas?' she yelled at him.

'So are you in a relationship with McKay?'

'Not yet,' she taunted him.

'He's calling you at God forsaken hours,' Nicholas accused.

'Yes he does, every night. And you know what? I like the attention he gives me.  Perhaps you would like to take a leaf out of his book,' she carelessly tossed at him.