x9 - Mathew

I'm sitting in the living room of my apartment, Winny and Dylin placed on the floor playing Call of Duty. "Dude, come on you're fucking cheating and I know it," Nate looks at Dylin in confusion, "The fuck you mean I'm cheating? I'm literally sitting right next to you!" I get up and grab the controller from Dylin, "My guy, he isn't cheating, you just don't know how to play the game the right way."

I start shooting the other players in the game, knocking one down and killing the other. Nate clasps his hands together, "Now THAT'S how you play the game. Told you I wasn't cheating." My phone buzzes on the wooden coffee table as I hand the controller back to Dylin. I pick it up, a smile growing on my face to see it's from Carter, then dropping as I continue to read the message. "Oh shit."

The boys turn towards me, "What's oh shit?" Nate gets up and takes my phone from me, "No way dude! New girl Carter?!" I rub my hand against the back of my neck, not saying anything. Dylin and Nate start to shout at me, patting me on the back, taking turns reading the message over. "Dude you got with her I cannot believe that. Was she good in bed?" I roll my eyes, "Literally shut up. What do I say though? The message cuts off after 'Maybe we can...'" I furrow my brows, re-reading the message again.

"I mean, do you want to see her again? Or do you just want to see her again?" Nate says as he takes a seat on the couch. I plop down next to him, Dylin following suit on the other side of me, "Of course I would love to see her again, outside of hockey of course. I mean, she was sweet and kind and I can't stop thinking about her. But something about that message doesn't sound like her, I don't know." I bury my face into my hands, running them back through my hair with a sigh.

"Well, if you want to see her again, just say so. Based on that message, it sounds like she would be down to get together again. And it sounds like you two had a good night together." I look down at the message again, starting to type up a reply.

Message to Carter Bryant: Hey, I'm glad you made it home safe and I had a lot of fun last night too. Would love to see you again, maybe tonight?

"You just gotta do what feels right dude. If you really want something with her, just do it. What's the worst that can happen?" I close my eyes, taking a deep breath in and forcefully blowing it back out. "I know, I know, you're right."

Swoosh.