x4 - Carter

I shut the door behind me and lean up against it, my eyes closed, taking a deep breath. Lane barks, running up to me and placing her paws against my thighs. I smile and pat her head, walking towards the living room where I hear Joanie watching The Bachelor.

"C'mon Clayton are you kidding me?! Why would you - Oh my god, my working girl! How was your first day?" Joanie places her bowl of popcorn onto the table, practically jumping up from her spot on the couch. I take a seat next to her, slumping into the comfort of the throw pillows. "It was really long, but also really good! But the night isn't over yet. One of the players invited me - well, us - to the celebration after party at a player's house if you want to come with me?"

Joanie's eyes light up, "A thousand percent yes! I have the hottest outfit to wear, oh my god. Maybe I'll pull a hot player, the next Jack Hughes -" She drones on as I start to make my way to my room. I take a look in the mirror, deciding to leave my makeup as it is, fixing my hair into loose waves down my back, and slipping on a plum satin dress, cinching my waist in the slightest and falling down to my mid-thigh. I finish the look with black strappy heels and a spritz of the most sultry perfume I own.

I walk out to the front of our apartment to see Joanie in a low-cut jumpsuit with silver chunky heels, her hair pulled back into a high ponytail. "You look so cute! Bryce will LOVE you, I guarantee it." Joanie and I laugh as I grab her arm and we head out the door into the night.

--

The bass can be heard from down the street as we step out of our Uber. The light grey house sits at the end of the block, black framed windows scattered across the front, and an elaborate glass door begging us to enter the drunken house party. We walk up to the colonial house as the door swings open.

"New girl! So glad you could make it!" He eyes Joanie, her chest pushing out slightly and a smile plastered on her face. "Who's your friend?" A smirk grows on his face as his gaze trails down her body. "Hi! I'm Joanie, Carter's roommate, it's nice to meet you!" Bryce places his hand on Joanie's lower back, ushering her into the house as I follow behind them. "Alright Joanie, let me show you around and let's get you a drink." Well, I guess I won't be seeing Joanie for the rest of the night.

Making my way to the kitchen, the place is filled with bodies. People are all over dancing, talking, or making out against the walls. I recognize some of the hockey players as I find a cooler filled with varying cans of who knows what. I grab a seltzer, cracking open the top. While taking a sip, I look over the rim of the can. Here we go.