Chapter 40

Glances

"Is that your clothes?"

Sinalubong ko ang mapanuring tingin sa akin ni Bella. Nandito kami sa sala samantalang nasa kusina naman yung dalawa.

"Yeah"

"Omg! Mga bakla!"- sabi nya sabay hampas sa akin.

Hinawakan ko naman ang braso ko at napailing. "Whatever is running in your mind about us doing something bad, then you're wrong. Walang nangyari, okay?"

"So defensive e wala naman akong sinabi."

I shrug my shoulders and lean back on the couch. "Even so, I know that's what you wanted to know. "

Humagalpak naman sya ng tawa at binato ako ng unan. "You're so defensive talaga."

"I'm not!"- I scoffed.

Her toothy grin is pissing me off big time. I hate what's running in her mind because, partly speaking, I'm silently hoping for that too, but we can't! It's too early for that and I'm still young. Inexperienced to be exact.

"Guys? Let's eat na."- sabi ni ate Charlotte kaya naman tumayo na kami at pumunta sa kusina.

Kumuha ako ng salmon. Wala e, ayon una kong nakita. Hindi ko alam kung sino sa kanilang dalawa ang nagluto nuon pero mukha itong masarap. Hindi ako mahilig sa isda pero sa isipin na isa sa kanila ang gumawa nito. Why not diba?

Akala ko kakain na pero umungot pa si Arabella nang picture sa ate nya kaya naman nag picture muna kami kasama ang mga pagkain.

"Come closer to Louise, Bea."

"I think it's alrig——"

My eyes went round when I felt her arm snake around my waist to pull me closer to her so that I could fit in the frame. I can perfectly smell her captivating sweet scent.

"You're so stiff. Smile a little, Bea."- I heard Bella.

My lips twitch. Elinor is squeezing my hip, so how can I smile genuinely?

I looked at her and saw that she was just staring at the camera, as if she wasn't igniting a fire in me.

Mukha siguro akong nasakitan ng tiyan duon sa picture dahil hindi ko alam kung nakangiti ako ng maayos. Matapos ang picture taking ay bumalik na ulit kami sa pagkakaupo at kumain na.

Of course, after eating dinner, I volunteer to wash the dishes alone. This is my unit, so that's my duty as an owner.

I jerked and almost dropped the glass when I turned around and found her staring at me. I thought she was in the living room with our cousins.

"Kanina ka pa dyan?"

"Long enough to watch you clean the dishes. " -she muttered and slowly walked towards me. 

"You watched me? That's creepy, mi amor."

I gulp and move away, pretending to wipe my hands to get away from her. I saw her smile a little and gently shake her head.

"Elinor!"- I hissed because she trapped me in the sink.

"My baby is awkward. Why is that?"- she softly said.

What? Did she just call me baby? Maaaaa!!

Napakislot ako dahil dumampi ang likod ng kamay nya sa pisnge ko. Sinalubong ko ang mga mata nyang mapaglaro kung timingin. Ang labi nya ay nakangisi din na parang nang aakit.

"Do you want me——"

"No!"- I abruptly said. "I mean, what are you doing?"

She frowned. "I'm talking to you?"