11

LEONARDO

Something has changed, I couldn't identify what but things were not the same. Specially after that night when I was standing outside her door, with bouquet and dinner.

"Stay." One word that she that night gave me weird feeling. what was wrong with me? Don't know. I only know one thing and that is I was enjoying being with her. None of us talk much. I was always like this, I talk when it's necessary. But even the silence with her feels like peace. Her eyes holds so much power that I couldn't help but get drowned in them.

After that I started having dinner with her at her home. She was getting better, her wound was almost healed. I hate to admit it but I was missing her presence in my home. Seeing her every morning making breakfast had became my routine and now when she was not coming, I was missing her.

Like every day I wanted to leave early today also but some work was left that needed to be done. I sighed as I checked time. I was late today. I wonder if she wanted to see me as much as I wanted to or she thought I will not come today. I pushed my thoughts on back of my mind and stopped to take dinner.

I rang the bell with a small smile on my face. I was really looking forward to have dinner with her.

"Please. No." A weak pleading voice came.

She is in trouble.

Without even second thought I opened the door, thank God it wasn't locked. What I saw after coming inside was enough to awake the beast. How dare this bastard was touching her. The bag fell from my hand and the next moment I was beating the shit out of him. I wasn't able to think straight, all I could see was red.

I stopped only when she said me to, I looked her scared eyes. Shit, she was scared. I opened the rope after police took that bàstard. They didn't dare to ask anything, my one look and they knew not to question anything. My butterfly was scared and she needed me the most. I looked at her for any injury, her cheeks and wrist were bruised.

I applied ointment gently. As soon as I was done, she immediately clenched my shirt with them. She hid herself in my embrace and broke down. She was sobbing. I made a mental note to give it back to that bàstard with interest. He had no right to abuse anyone, specially not Inessa.

I, myself wasn't aware what I feel about her but I knew I couldn't see any harm to her. Dare even look at her with the intention of hurting and I will pluck out their eyes.

"You are coming with me." I said as I looked at the condition of her apartment. She could no longer stay here. I lifted her and she didn't protest. The whole ride to my house she stayed quite. She was leaning towards window.

It was my fault. Whatever happened today wouldn't have happened if I would have left on time. What if I wouldn't have reached on time? What if he would have harmed her as he had intended to? I couldn't imagine. She was safe with me but if I would have reached few minutes later, then -?

I looked at her as I parked my car, she was zoned out. I took her to my room and she didn't said anything. I made her sit on my bed and wiped her tears finally gaining her attention. She was looking at me with her broken eyes which held so much pain.

"I promise you butterfly, you are safe with me. Now I want you to get changed and sleep. We will talk about it tomorrow." I said giving her my t-shirt and trousers. She nodded and changed her clothes.  They were way too big for her.

"Good night Inessa."

"Please stay." Came from her mouth. This was the only thing she said since evening. She was scared, she needed me.

Nodding I settled on couch after changing while she laid on the bed. Her front was facing me. She closed her eyes and immediately fell into deep slumber. She looked tired.

I wasn't able to sleep. It was past midnight and I was still staring at her. The only source of light was moonlight coming from window, she was shining under it. 

"No please." She screamed. I sat beside her trying to wake her up. She was having a nightmare. Fresh tears rolled down from the cheeks wetting the old stains of tears. I held her hand trying to comfort her and finally after sometime her frowned brows calmed down. Her breathing became normal. I wiped the tears and caressed her cheeks. After making sure she was sleeping peacefully, I tried to free my hand from her grip but couldn't as she was holding it like her life depends on it. Giving up I stayed there, letting her hold my hand. I didn't realised when I slept. It was already morning when I opened my eyes. Inessa woke up as I freed my hand from hers.

"You were having nightmare." I explained as I looked at confused look on her face. "Thank you Mr Rossi for this and also for saving me."she said fidgeting her fingers. "You don't have to thank me Inessa. I owe my every breath to you. This is least I can do for you. Don't look like I am pitying  you, I care about you. I genuinely do." I said looking in her eyes.

"Come downstairs after freshing up, there is extra pair of brush in the bathroom. I will prepare breakfast."

After sometime she came downstairs. We had breakfast in silence. "I am sorry for giving you trouble, Mr Rossi." She said looking at her lap.

"There you go again. I don't want you to say this again. You are not a trouble Inessa. And one more thing, I want you to call me Leo."

"Mr- I mean Leo, I want to go back."

"Like hell you are going back. You can no longer live there, everything is broken there. Also it's dangerous for you to live alone in that neighborhood." I said holding her hand. "Butterfly, I don't want something like last night to repeat again. You are not going anywhere, you are staying with me. You can stay in the room downstairs."