Part forty-four

PREVIOUSLY

PREVIOUSLY...

"shut up! just shut up stop trying to look for excuses!" i yell into his face, "there was no excuse for what you had done to me and you will pay for all of it Joshua, i promise you that! you won't get away for what you did, to me and Elijah. you are a monster and a rapist!" i spat, kneeing him in his stomach with all my force. he doubles and coughs in pain and i feel a rush of satisfaction run through my body.

i wasn't even close of being done with him, i haven't even started yet. i was gonna make him beg like he made me do, i was gonna bring him to tears, i was gonna let him suffer.

he coughs one last time and speaks "athe-" this time it wasn't me who had cut him off, "mommy?" elijah gasps.

shit.

i left the basement door open.

••

i left the fucking basement door open.

i can't believe myself.

i was frozen in my spot unable to move or turn around to take a look at my—most definitely terrified—son.

"mama" my son's shaky voice spoke, his voice flattering at the end, "elijah close your eyes right now" i tell him in my sternest voice, "mommy i scared" he sobs and my heart breaks.

he saw me over Joshua, he saw me hit him

god what kind of a mother am i?

"i know baby but you have to close your eyes" i turn around and look at him, my eyes watering when my gaze lands on him, he stood at the door tears down his cheeks while his shoulders shook with each sob he let out.

"b-bad m-man here m-mama" he sobbed out, i took fast steps and hauled him into my arms turning us around so he wasn't facing Joshua anymore, Vincent made his way silenty behind me bending lightly to look at elijah.

"you shouldn't have come down here eli, i told you this place was off limits didnt i?" i felt him brush elijah's hair away, all that while my gaze stayed on Joshua.

He watched us like a Hawk, his eyes swimming with an unknown emotion, that i couldn't pin piont, which bothered me more then i liked to admit.

"i sowwy" he cried and i tighten my hold on him.

"ssht baby don't be sorry its okay, just dont repeat your actions and we will
be good, clear big boy?" i pecked his head while nudging my nose against his curls trying to make him feel better.

"h-he kill us mommy?" he whispered the words that felt like knifes being dragged through my body, "he hurt us?" he sobbed. i shook my head, hugging him against my chest. "no he won't hurt us baby nor will he kill us, i know you are scared but we will keep you safe okey?" i leave a hard kiss on his head while glancing at Vincent who gave me a silken nod letting me know that we will be keeping safe, Eli nods shakily, his crying never stopping.