Chapter 2: Its nice to see you (2)

"This is one of the Shinhwa Association's facilities."

Cale and Alberu were both led inside a towering expensive looking building.

Cale could see his hyung-nim's curious eyes look around.

Alberu was intrigued. It was his first time seeing a complete—no breaks or cracks, nor destroyed parts— working modern building. His mind was whirling, filled with ways on how to use these new knowledge to further improve the Roan Kingdom.

Cale on the other hand, could only reminisce the past before the monsters appeared and couldn't care less. Although... with the way the place was heavily guarded, it seems the place had a lot of things of value?

Cale willed his face to remain stoic.

Unaware of their thoughts, the people around them saw things differently.

'How long were they trapped in there to be so...'

Some couldn't help but feel emotional at the sight. One was filled with childlike innocence, looking around as if it was their first time seeing the outside world. While the other, worryingly, didn't show an ounce of emotion.

Their minds were filled with complicated thoughts at the sight of the thin children passing by.

The children in mind however, only turned their gazes back to the man in front who had started to speak again.

"Seo Jiwoo is still currently talking to Mr. Inhyuk."

They didn't know who this "Inhyuk" person was but just responded by mutely nodding their heads.

'Good, obedient, and harmless. That's the type of children we will be hyung.'

Cale had once told Alberu.

'Will you be alright?'

'Why wouldn't I be?'

'You're not exactly good at being 'obedient'.'

Cale would've felt offended by such comment if Alberu hadn't been totally right.

The man in front of them seemed to be satisfied with their response and continued to speak, a slight hint of pity in his voice.

"In the meantime, Mr.Inhyuk asked us to bring food for you to eat while you wait."

He placed a plastic bag on the table before excusing himself and turning to the door.

Cale started to think as soon as the man left.

'They are treating us well.'

This 'Shinhwa' group they were told about has done nothing but treat them well.

When they got inside, Cale and Alberu had just been wordlessly following them around as they were healed, cleaned, and given clothes before being led into this empty room.

Cale was still filled with questions and curiosities he wanted to find out but before anything else...

'Let's eat.'

You can't think well on an empty stomach.

His small hands reached for the plastic bag on the table and opened it. Subconsciously letting out a sound as he took out two bowls from inside.

"Oh."

His eyes fell on its contents.

'It's been awhile.'

It'd be the first time in a long while since he'll be able to eat something like this. Cale's heart started to beat with excitement.

He peeled off the plastic covering the top, his hand grabbing the chopsticks on the side. He was about to split the chopsticks in half when he suddenly felt a tight grip on his wrist.