18 :Soulmates

"Jassabella, Nooo" Her mother shook her head as the girl geared up for the battle which could be her last. However, it was least one of her concerns. Her priority was to protect the people and save her mate from living a life of self-condemnation.

S-Ranking officers and council members were trying their best to bring Jimin back to his sense, while members of founding families; Bethory and Nova had combined their forces to limit the disasters into a specific area by raising an enormous barrier up as citizens around the area were being evacuated.

Gulping down her fear, Jassabella walked away from her mother who was holding on to her unconscious father, begging her to stay back but the girl couldn't give up on her lover.

With his eyes glowing bright yellow, Jimin gilded in the sky destroying everything that was in his way and no one could approach him due to the highly concentrated energy field around him that could burn them into ashes.

Tears spilt down her cheeks as she channelled the energy from nature making a protective shield to surround her then turning to her mother she mouthed them 'I love you' and she lunged upfront praying for Jimin to hear her heart.

As if Jimin could sense her, he turned in her direction firing a blast of imarai which she dodged skillfully until she reached the border of his energy field. Some of the S-ranking Elite officers and council members distracted Jimin by using their own magical elements and striking at him and using this as an opening, she entered a sphere that was thick with his powerful aura.

Honestly, she had no idea what could be done to stop his rampage but she had to follow her heart and give it her best shot. Jimin was a vessel with the greatest control over his Thirios so if she could somehow reach him maybe she could manage to snap him out of it. She had a strong feeling that their mate bond could be used to stir Jimin back to his senses so even though the protective shield defending her weakened as she got near him, she didn't stop.

Choking on her own sob, Jassabella extended her hand and touched Jimin. The moment they came in contact her protective cover dissipated but disregarding the fact that his aura was melting her skin, she pulled him into her embrace and placed a kiss on his lips.

The thumping in his heart jabbed him back to consciousness and his eyes returned back to normal and the ambience around him dispersed as the heavily charred body of Jassabella fell limp in his arms.

"Hina" Jimin mustered slowly looking down at his lover who was barely recognizable.

"Baby" he called her, sensing her heartbeat gradually fading away.

"What happened?" Jimin looked around to find himself amidst rumbles that once used to be a city.

Scream of people could be heard, their fear so intense that Jimin could physically feel them however he couldn't understand what had just occurred. He was laughing and having a video chat with his friends just a while ago and in a blink the entire scene had changed.

He roamed his eyes around, watching officers stare not daring to take any step towards him dreading that he would go berserk. The horror reflecting on onlookers faces and the body of his mate lying limp on his arms effectively conveyed that his nightmare had come true.

"I..." Jimin heaved shaking his head not wanting to believe that he was the one who caused the destruction moreover he didn't want to accept that he was the reason behind the love of his life was dying in his arms.

"Somebody...help" he mumbled taking a step however people flinched backwards.

"Please my Hina" he pleaded but everyone simply enforced distance between themselves and the Vessel that nearly destroyed an entire city.

"Hina, I am so sorry" Jimin's hands were trembling as he looked down at the girl in his arms helplessly. He soon found his knees collapsing against the dirt as agonizing pain tore his heart effectively tearing his soul.

Half of him was already dying so the other half had weakened to the point he had no strength to stand and soon enough his consciousness also gave up because as soul mates, their lives were tied together so when the thread would snap the death would collect both of the souls.

✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.。₀:*゚✲゚*:₀。