Rebecca

Book 1 Chapter 7

Rebecca.

The day was going well for Rebecca. She had finished her day off at the clinic. The Hayes siblings all needed a filling cause their parents didn't care if they brushed. That was always a pain, but she progressed to get to know her patients. She noticed the good time she was having. She sent her scheduler home early before locking up. Grabbing a few groceries and a nice bottle of wine, she made her way home. Rebecca wasn't the best cook, she tried, but she was more baker. Her Nanna had wanted to teach her and Sam how to cook when they were teenagers, and while Sam took to the skill, it was too much a dash or a pinch, or 'you'll know when it's enough.' Rebecca could not just decide when enough was enough. She liked just being told what to do and doing it.

Pulling up to her home, she noticed two Harleys in her driveway. Parking beside them, she stepped out and saw Opie was standing there with another man. He was blonde and handsome. By the smirk, Becca could tell he knew that too. Luckily for her, Rebecca was not phased by the smile or the eyes.

"What do I owe the please boys?" Rebecca asked as she went around to the back of her Toyota getting her grocery bags out. "I know I said I would let you come open a stuck pickle jar when I needed it. I just didn't expect it to be this soon." the joke was light-hearted as she walked towards the two. Her eyes found their way to Opies. She had long wished to see those eyes again.

"Sorry, Darlin," the blonde said as he looked at her, the smirk never leaving his face, "we gotta ask you a few questions."

Rebecca nodded and shrugged her shoulders. She knew that this would probably happen. After her day out with Gemma and Tara, Becca knew that was just the beginning of this club trying to figure out who she was. Rebecca could see how this looked from an outsider's perspective, and she was sure that SAMCRO did most of the things the town talked about. "Sure, come on in. I gotta put these groceries away but come, have a seat." Rebecca walked over and opened her front door allowing the two bikers to come forwards. She walked towards the kitchen and down her bags, leading them into her home. "What do you want to know?"

Rebecca began putting her items up before grabbing two beers out of the fridge and handing them over to the two bikers sitting at her kitchen table. "We need to know of all that happened in Chino after Opie got released," Jax stated.

Rebecca bit her lip. She didn't think that this would be something that she would have to talk about, especially not so soon. Becca knew her facial expression was upset before correcting herself and fixing it, placing one of indifference. "Wow, so soon," the joke came out quickly as she grabbed her water bottle and walked toward the table. "I feel like you already know the answer, so what do you want from me?" It shouldn't have come out as bitter as it did, but Becca had just wanted to ignore the pain.

"Becks," Opie's rough, raspy voice caused Becca's stomach to do flips as her eyes made it over to him. His hair was growing longer. She noted to herself as she stared at him. "Tell me who done it."

Rebecca rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest, not liking the feeling of being interrogated. She didn't even press charges when it happened. "It started about a week after you got out," she whispered before lowering her eyes to Opies. "The guards on third shift talked about me while checking how I was dating some big guy in prison to not mess with me. Fucking idiot." Rebecca had tried not to curse, not that she had anything against it, but it wasn't something their Nanna liked them to do. "Anyways, since I was close to you, they thought it was you. The comments stopped for a bit, but I would always get the occasional comment that if I could screw one inmate, I could screw another, but I ignored it as they were trying to bait me."