Opie

Book 1 Chapter 6

Opie

Opie pulled up to the compound he had dropped the kids off at school that morning before going to Clay. The days seemed to be getting easier as he worked on them. Ellie and Kenny were having a rough time with their homework, and Opie did not know what he was going to do. Opie had initially thought he might hire a tutor for the kids, it was spelling words, but the school did a phonics type of shit. Opie didn't know what he was doing, he was trying to be a good dad, but he didn't even know how to be a dad. The twins weren't even born when Opie went to prison. He missed so much that he didn't know the first thing about being a dad. Once at TM, Opie got off his bike and headed towards the clubhouse. To say he missed being a part of the club was an understatement.

"Brother!" Chipps voice called excitedly as he walked up to Opie, "Clay called church in 5."

Opie nodded as he walked over to his old man, who had his oxygen mask on, "you okay, pop?" the question was simple but loaded simultaneously. Opie knew his dad was a ticking time bomb. Piermont Winston was a hard ass, he was strict, but he was caring at the same time. When Mary left when Ope was a kid, his dad kept him afloat. Money was hard to come by sometimes, and his dad had to work a lot of hours with the club and the garage, but he made it work. Opie didn't understand how his dad got it done.

"Fine, son," came his dad's grave voice as they had a staredown, "you?"

Opie shrugged, "yeah, trying to figure out stuff with the kids and the club. Struggling with the kid's homework, think I might see if I can get someone to come and help them." Opie was working on getting all his debts settled, but his old man didn't need to know that.

"That's boy," Piney said, slapping his hand on Opie's shoulder.

Church was quickly called, which caused all members to sit and walk over, depositing their phones into the box. Opie sat in his seat, looking down at the redwood table. He wanted to be there; he had enjoyed being seated at this table since childhood. So why did it hurt at times to be here?

"Alright, the church is in session," Clay began as he lit up a cigar. "Let's start. We will be busy the next few weeks. We have a few runs scheduled—that's when we will be moving the guns up north. We have new intel on Alverez and Darby's little alliance. Get that shit under control before it comes to bite us in the ass."

"Happy is running for Quinn this week, so he will be in Tacoma for a bit. Anything we need him for will have to wait till we can get the killer down here." Jax explained, looking around at his brothers.

"Juice, did you get anything about the certain doctor I asked you to look up?" This caused Opie's hair to rise on his neck as his eyes fell over to the kid.

"A shit tone," Juice grabbed his laptop as he started to click it, "Alright, so the dentist Gemma got to work on Tig, and Opie knew is Rebecca Nicole Croce. The first daughter of Marcus and Sylva Croce. She was born in Sedona, Arizona, and moved to Tacoma, Washington at 13."

"Do you have why they moved?" Tig asked. They all knew that SAMCRO had a charter in Tacoma. If this girl's family tried to get at the SONs, hitting one of their larger charters was a step.

"Oh yea, so done a little digging and turns out Marcus Croce is doing life in prison for the murder of one of his wives," the whole room was silent as they stared at Juice. "His charges are murder, premeditated murder, child endangerment, and child abuse. One night he just snapped and killed his old lady before trying to kill his kids." Juice explained as he made a face looking up a clay. "The girls went to live with their grandmother, where they graduated. Rebecca went to the University of Alabama for dental school. She moved to Chino, California started a job at the prison. Then showing she moved to Charming roughly six months ago."