Chapter 3: The Other One

Tamzin:

I heard the lock in the key around eight the next morning. I hadn't slept much as I had been out too the previous night with the rest of the travelling girls. Melbourne was one of our preferred destinations.

"Hey!" I called, getting up off the stall where I had been drinking a detox juice.  "You're back early, I wasn't expecting you until lunch?"

"Well, I couldn't sleep at the hotel in Robbie's room. It was noisy and the lads were all passed out so, I made a bid for freedom." he replied as he snaked his arm around my waist. The top three buttons on his shirt were undone and his hair was ruffled. Still stylish though, still how it looked in magazines.

"Was it a good night?" I asked him the question before kissing him gently on the lips. I could smell and taste toothpaste on them. We both knew that he hated the consequences of drinking- even though his profession scarcely allowed him to do so.

"It was. I just want to head back home now though."

"That's unlike you," I remarked, tucking my hands into the pockets of his jeans. I'd learnt over the years that they fitted in perfectly. Unless he was wearing his Armani ones and then my hands had a bit of a job working their way in.

"I miss London," he shrugged, looking down at me. "But I did miss you last night too. So how about you let me have a kip and then we'll go for a walk?"

"Do you have to sleep?"

"Yes." he asserted, pulling me in closer to him.

"Fine, go. If you're grumpy when you wake up I won't be happy." I shot him a look, kissed him once more and then let him pad into the bedroom where I had managed to get about three hours sleep. Unlike him I couldn't sleep through the day, even though I usually travelled everywhere he went.

Leaving him to go for a nap, I finished my drink and flicked through the day's gossip magazine whilst occasionally looking out over the city from our rented penthouse. As usual it was full of a load of rubbish. Besides, those magazines only interested me for one reason.

At least it all made things better knowing I had him to myself, even if it meant I suffered from jet lag for half of my life. He was worth it.

---

"It's too hot." he concluded as we walked along the bank of the river. It was thirty degrees. But this was Melbourne and the weather could change more quickly than...anything.

"Stop moaning," I gave him a whack, clinging onto his arm. "You moan when it's cold, you moan when it's wet and you moan when it's sunny."

"I know, I'm British. It's my job." He gave me a half smile and small dimples formed on his cheeks.

"Me too, technically. But still...ice cream?"

"I would say yes but I had one too many beers last night and if Scott finds out then he'll go mental." he replied, referring to his personal trainer back in London. We both knew full well that neither of us would dare touch that kind of food.

"But you're on holiday!"

"And?" I then received a 'you know I'm right' look from him and I admitted defeat. I hated it when he was like this.

"How about a trip to Albert Park?" he suggested instead, politely smiling at someone who was watching. I was used to it all by now, wherever we were around the globe.

"Alright, but only if you lighten up a bit." I nodded at the mention of one of my favourite green spaces anywhere on the planet.

"One hours' sleep is not enough."