Chapter 1: Melbourne

Okay, before you start these chapters will be littered with mistakes. I write on a hand-held device and so I'll edit as and when I get to use my laptop (terrible excuse, I know).

Uh,what else? Well I do tend to swear (based in Australia, that's my excuse here) and yes, things do get a bit steamy. Always message me if you aren't comfortable with any of it!

So, here it is :)

----

Australia, Melbourne- five months earlier...

Did I like this song? Hmm, quite possibly, yes. Actually, scrap that, I loved it.

"Bronte, what do you think?" Kate grabbed onto my arm as she wobbled on her stall and pointed to another guy she now had her eye on. Her drink had vanished incredibly quickly and she was giving Vicky a run for her money. Oh, and me judging by the looks of my empty glass. Ah well, when in Rome...I mean, Melbourne.

"Yeah, not bad." I laughed back, registering that she was talking to me whilst I bobbed my head in time to the music. I liked to think I looked hip, maybe even fashionable but in reality I probably resembled a drowning meerkat, with panda eyes from where my makeup had ended up halfway down my face. Classy.

"Do I go over?" she continued, as Vicky got drawn to the guy who stood leaning against one of the booths, surveying the area.

"Go over." I nodded at my best friend, certain, "what's the worst that can happen?"

Her lips formed a smile, then displaying her flawless white teeth. Goals. "Na, I can't. And death, death could happen."

"Why not?" Vicky chipped in as she focused back on our table, ignoring the last part of Kate's slur. "You've been bloody staring at him all night."

"True." I giggled, losing balance myself. I was an excellent example of how not to handle your alcohol. Especially when I was going to have to stagger back to the hotel with these two. Unless Kate did get her arse into gear, ideally this century, and talk to Mr Australia.

"I need another drink then." she grumbled in embarrassment, looking down at the glass table. She really shouldn't have been nervous; if I looked like her then life would be much more simple.

"On it!" I chirped before I realised the masses that were crowded around the bar. Not so fun. "Same again?"

My two friends nodded back at me. It our last night in Melbourne before jumping on the plane back home to Sydney. We'd been away for the weekend after we had finished work for the time being. The hospitality industry had many advantages.

Making sure that I had my beloved bag, I jumped (fell) down from the stall and gradually made my way through the clusters of people, trying to look a lot more clued on compared to what I actually was feeling.

Still humming the track that was playing into the venue I resulted to elbowing my way through to the bar. Violence isn't usually my thing but all I wanted were another three Martinis. And a bag of crisps. I could really do with some food. It had gone one and I was already dying for a kebab. Sadly, I didn't think that this exclusive place would do either of those items. Mind you, they ought to have been on the house considering how much the entry fee was. Our company would have provided at least a free party popper or something.

Unfortunately me, who was a tad more than a little tipsy, rather elegantly tripped over a strangers foot to make the final few steps to being served. Fortunately, I ploughed straight into the back of someone else. Bollocks.

Cue me beginning to apologise profusely, getting my long, brown hair stuck to the remainders of my lip-gloss.

"I am so sorry," I started, before he had even turned around. Actually, I rather wish that he hadn't spun one hundred and eighty degrees in my direction. He was unbelievably easy on the eyes...and oh so familiar. Tall, extremely attractive. "I just tripped and-" Bronte, shut up.