Chapter Fifty-two

Sam Lewis.💆🏻‍♀️

Saturday afternoon found me at Ivy's place. Thankfully, her dad wasn't home.

I was splayed out on her bed like a starfish after watching some previous shows of AGT and Ivy, as I speak, was busily creating TikTok videos in the bathroom.

I sighed, overhearing her make-believe voice as she tried to regulate her vocals, singing Rihanna and Drake's "What's my name" song.

I shook my head in amusement, turning on my side as I reached for my phone. I couldn't help but feel my toes tingle and stomach feeling fluttery when I replayed my convo with Jordan yesterday. I'm blushing right now, I'll admit.

The sound of his laughter, his voice, the way he'll drop jokes and listen attentively when I was talking...ouu.

It was never dull moment with him. Only him had a way of calling me weirdo and it'll sound very hot and my heart will skip a beat.

I discovered how much of a good listener and keen observer he was.

There's nothing sizzling hot than a guy who knows how to keep a conversation, knows when to keep mute and listen, and has the eloquent speaking accent enough to set your ovaries on fire.

(I'm literally getting obsessed with ovaries,lol)

Jordan mentioned their last paper was today,thus they'd be going on end of first semester vacation tomorrow.

Of course, I sent him and the others as well a good luck text. Something along the line of; You have the skill, you have will, you know the drill, it's time to show the test who is boss 😌. Finish hard.

I never protested I wasn't lame.

My aunt was hosting one of those reckless parties of hers again–  that's what had forcefully dragged me out of the house for my peace of mind.

I just couldn't understand her, I mean... when will she learn a lesson? Uncle could drop by impromptu for all we know and she's out there flooding her system with alcohol and shaking her booty to those pervs she called friends as if there were no tomorrow.

She didn't even notice me slipping out, how would she notice,in case he got there right now?

"Hey boo!" Ivy leapt out of her previous haven, smiling sweetly.

"What's up?"I said, not matching her energy,"finished with your TikTok videos?"

"Uh-huh. I just love how the washroom makes me sound so good, I felt like Rihanna was in me! Could you hear me? I mean I even saw birds lurking at the window pane, they were attracted to my voice! Oh god, I think I'm gonna be the next Rihanna or Ariana Grande of our generation coz–"

"Ivy! Breathe."

She took a moment to, pulling in a good amount of oxygen as her facial features relaxed.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited,"she smiled.

I shook my head,"you can't wait to send it to that boy you said you were crushing on?"

Ivy looked at me like I had just mentioned acid could be used in place of water.

I tilted my head.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten? You did say your heart beats for some guy on your school campus right?"

"Ahh,"she flipped her wrist,"that Erasmus guy." She waved her hand off dismissively.

"He's such a chauvinist! Can you believe he turned me down on rude grounds when all I did was to ask him out? Jerk. He said he wasn't into blonde chicks."