Keeping This a Secret

(A/N: Guess who's back? Back again! The holiday season is here and I'm spending it writing this for now.

Also, I'm updating the previous chapters to be more detailed because I've grown as a writer since last year and I rather upgrade my progress than start over).

_______________________________________

Later after Scott picked up both Charlie and Selene from school, he took them to an aquarium so he can have a talk with them. Selene knew what it was going to be about and sighed as they entered an area with polar bears.

The place reminded the two kids about where they went on Christmas. "They're like the bears at the North Pole, Dad", Charlie said.

"Charlie, I already told you, we did not go to the North Pole". Scott told him. "That was a dream".

"Yeah, sure", Selene said sarcastically. "It was all a dream that apparently we somehow managed to share, despite having different mindsets and being in different rooms".

"You're in denial, Dad", Charlie said.

"Denial? You don't even know what that means." Scott replied.

"Well, you are! We both know what happened!" Selene argued.

"How do you know that? How? You guys don't have any proof." Scott said.

"Dad, why would I be arguing with you for something if it wasn't true?" His daughter told him.

Scott sighed. "Why can't we all think of it as just a great dream and forget about it?"

"Because it wasn't a dream and you know it!" Selene started getting frustrated. "If it was, then explain how I got this?" She grabbed her silver bell necklace and showed it to Scott.

"Yeah! And what about this?" Charlie pulled his snow globe out of his backpack. "Remember all the neat stuff inside?"

Scott took the snow globe from Charlie. "Charlie, this is a toy. We used to make things like this at work, but no one bought them." He then turns to Selene and points at her necklace. "And Selene, you probably got this necklace from Willa. You know how--".

"But what about my ears? How did they get pointy? Explain that!" She countered.

Scott actually didn't know how to answer this so instead he avoided the question. "I don't want to talk about this anymore".

They all then left the aquarium, both Scott and Selene feeling frustrated they couldn't convince each other. Charlie on the other hand was still hopeful about the situation, especially since Selene had his side on this.

"I know who you are, Dad. You'll figure it out soon enough." The child assured. "There are a lot of kids that believe in you. You can't let them down".

"Charlie, you're wrong," Scott replied.

"He's not wrong! You're just being stubborn", Selene said.

"And you're crazy if you really believe any of this", he opposed.

Charlie frowned at this before looking behind them and laughing at something.

"What's so funny?" Scott asked.

"Nothing", Charlie answered.

Scott didn't push on any further and just kept walking. Selene, however, was very curious and looked over her shoulder to see a bunch of reindeer following them, (or more likely her and Scott), and some guy was trying to catch them.

She also snickered at this but didn't say anything. Mainly because she didn't want to continue a failing argument with her dad.