CHAPTER 16: "BETTER OFF ALONE"

SAKURA

SAKURA

My mind had gone blank as soon as I walk away from Ai. I couldn't think of anything else but to get away from there and told him not to follow me.

Here I am, sitting at the bus stop. Staring blankly out of no where. Why did it ended up like this? What the hell am I thinking?

Seeing Ai on his bed with Miyo and with another girl, probably it was Marie. Whoever it is, it doesn't matter anymore. It made me finally realized how naive I was chasing him from the start. And it hurts more that he prefers to be with another girl rather than me.

I had enough.. I'm through with this.

My phone rang and saw Lowell's name at the screen. I decided to answer though.

"Lowell.. Please find me a new place to stay. Don't ask me anything else. Just get my stuffs from Ai's apartment."

Lowell was able to find me a new place to move in. And also, he was able to retrieve my luggages from Ai. Staring at the night sky from the balcony. I need to pull myself together. From now on, a lot of things will be different.

I stopped wandering when Lowell joins me and gave me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Did Ai say anything to you?"

He shook his head and I smiled plainly. I knew it! Ai doesn't care about me leaving his place. I remained silent while staring at the warm chocolate.

"I have been serving the Shinonomes for years and seen you grown to a beautiful lady. I known you so well Milady, even you don't say anything to me, leaving Young Master was a tough decision and - - -"

"It's for the best, Lowell. Please don't say anything to my father nor to Mr. Silvergale. I don't want Ai's uncle to be in trouble if they finds out I ended up our relationship. Or better yet a one sided relationship."

I heard Lowell sighed heavily then gaze the same way I do.

"I am not a love specialist but I heard this saying about setting someone you love free. If you really love Mr. Ai, then let him go. If you and him are fated to be with each other then its destiny."

I rubbed my eye while crying softly. Maybe this one sided love needs to stop. The more I longed to be with him, the more Ai is moving farther away from my reach. I should accept the fact that he won't love me the same way I do. We are not destined to be together.

Lowell held me close while I cry on his shoulder. This is too much to bear. I cried myself to sleep that night.

The next day, I went to school early. I saw Ai at the entrance as if he was waiting for me or someone? Probably for Miyo, Marie or someone else.

I went ahead and bestowed him a plain smile before walking towards the building. I even saw Miyo and did the same gesture I did to Ai earlier.

Our classmates approached me and some of them were curious about my swollen eyes and I did reply as if nothing really happened. It seems the word finally came out. News spread like wildfire inside the room. I don't care anymore, I already made this fake facade just to keep them asking about me being distant.