PROLOGUE

SAKURA

SAKURA

Summer is almost over...

I hate Summer homeworks, History, Poetry, horseback riding and any of those lessons! Why the hell would I bother to do those instead of going out and play with other kids enjoying the hot summer day?!

I sneaked out again from my Literature teacher after fooling her that I need a bladder break. And now, I find myself climbing one of the windows at the second floor of our mansion.

I'm doing this because of this person, whom I wanted to see right now. You see, I have a kid neighbor living at the other side of the fence. Considering him as my best friend and would understand what I'm going through. He's special and I can be myself just hanging around with him.

And that's the reason why I need to jump off from this window. I could hear loud sprinting footsteps nearby and a familiar voice calling out my name. It seems my Teacher finally discovered that I'm gone for a long period of time and now, searching for my presence.

I'm scared of heights but I can't call him from my room or else I'll be in trouble. Gathering all my guts, I finally decide to jump and climb that Oak Tree. As soon as I reached the tree and starts to climb on it, I was able to see a clearer view of my neighbor's window.

"Ai!" Knocking against the glass waiting for his reply.

"Are you there, Ai? I want to see you so badly."

-----------

AI

I opened the window, and staring at her with my annoyed face.

"Can't you see I'm busy, Sakura?"

She smiled at me, but I was annoyed that little of my time doing homework was wasted. I shut off the windows to get back to work, but she continued to toss pebbles at my window. I opened the door, furiously.

"I'll give you 10 seconds to speak, otherwise I'll throw a mace at you if this keeps up.."

She wanted to invite me to go on a date, and told me to take a break from studying.

"Ai! Please! I wanna treat you ramen for our date!"

I was tempted to join her, but I couldn't leave my homework unfinished.

"Convincing.. but I can't, Sakura. You can't just bribe me with my favorite food, that's just uncalled for."

She's willing to pay the food for the both of us. Sakura wanted me to get a fresh air once in a while.

"C'mon, Ai! It'll be my treat!"

My name is Ai Silvergale, an ordinary high school senior who just studies to become an instructor in school. The girl who bribed me to eating ramen and a pest in my life is named Sakura Shinonome, a popular girl who fell in love with me since childhood. The school that will start my new life is named the Sunny Gate High School. I just want to have a normal life where no one bothers me...

...Or so I thought.