Chapter 14 - Kyoujurou's death

"The battle's over, we won! we won!" Yumiko said to herself. Suddenly, Yumiko can sense the figure of a man kneeling down with pain. "R-Rengoku-san?!" Yumiko said while panicking. A tear fell out to the ground. "Sorry, I can't fulfil my promise to ask me to do Etsuko," Kyoujurou mumbled. "E-Etsuko?" Yumiko said to herself. 

"Yumiko, you did your best to survive!" Kyoujurou said. "P-Please don't leave me! I love you!" Yumiko said. "No, I have to leave you, but I will always be in your heart, Yumiko." Kyoujurou said. "What about Estuko?" Yumiko asked in curiosity. "In her last wish, she asked me to marry you, and have a good life." Kyoujurou explained.

"E-Etsuko... s-said so?" Yumiko asked him. Kyoujuro just nods. "Is there any way to recover the wound?" Tanjiro asked while crying. "No, judging from my appearance, I must die soon enough." Kyoujurou said. "You can't die! I still need you for the future! I need you to be my partner forever!" Yumiko said while crying. "I'm sorry but I must die soon enough, if I don't die, I'll be very happy together with you forever and be my wife." Kyoujurou pat Yumiko's head. "Huh." Yumiko was shocked and silent when he said that. "And I have a present for you, it's a ring flame, I bought it... for you." Kyoujurou said again.

"Y-you buy it for- me?" Yumiko said. "Yes, that ring is special." Kyoujurou said. Kyoujurou saw his beloved mother's spirit, and said, "Mother, did I fully fulfil my duty and save many people?" Kyoujurou asked his mother. "Yes, I'm proud of you, son." his mother said. Kyoujurou smiled and passed. Yumiko just cries and hugs Rengoku. "W-why is this world so cruel to the people I love? WHY?!?!?!" Yumiko cried out loud.

"THIS IS NOT FAIR!" Yumiko shouted angrily while crying. "Calm down, Yumiko-san, I know you feel pain and I did too! He is now in a safe place, right now. " Tanjiro said. "I'm tired of giving mercy now, I will kill that b*stard and let him die in pain! He'll know how painful it is to lose him!" Yumiko said to herself. "Don't cry! It doesn't matter he is dead because he is now in a safe place, crying, won't bring back Rengoku, you're gonna keep moving on, YOU GONNA KEEP MOVING ON!!!!" Inosuke said while running, shouting, crying. 

"What? You, yourself, are also crying!" Zenitsu said. "I ain't crying!" Inosuke attacked Zenitsu. "Caww! Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyoujurou is dead!" a kasugai crow announced to the whole corps. "Come over here! Time for training!" Inosuke beated them one-by-one.

*Timeskip*

"Shinobu-sama!" Kiyo said. "She's not eating again? It's the 2nd day she hasn't eaten or drank!" Shinobu said. "I'm really worried, she doesn't even allow someone to enter her room! She could die!" Shinobu panicked. "Don't worry, Shinobu-chan, humans can survive 3 days without food and water", Mitsuko rolled up her sleeves. "What?! We won't wait until she dies and opens the door! Now, how to open this..." Shinobu muttered. "Have you tried kicking the door?" Mitsuko said. "Nope, it's locked." Shinobu said. "My God!" Mitsuko muttered. Mitsuko doesn't hesitate and kicks the door until it makes a big hole and rips the paper door until it fits her size and gets in. "M-Mitsuko!" Yumiko weakly said. "Don't weep. It won't make things better! It doesn't bring him back either! Hold it and face the truth. You must go on no matter what happens."

"B-but-" Yumiko said. "He's dead, Yumiko!" Mitsuko said. "You don't know what it feels! You never had a lover for your whole life! And you never see anyone so precious for you, die in front of you! You never lose your loved ones! Do you know how painful it is?" Yumiko shouted and cried. "You know what? I'd rather be you, Yumiko-chan. You're just too lucky!" Mitsuko said.

"Leave me alone!" Yumiko said. "Grow up!" Mitsuko slapped Yumiko. "Ow, it hurts!!" Yumiko said. "Eat!" Mitsuko said, handing Yumiko chopsticks. "No, I won't!" Yumiko shouted.

"Urgh! How old are you? One? Five? Either way, I am waiting, since Oyakata-sama assigned me on a mission with you! If you don't eat, then, you are at your own risk! Remember, you're still a Demon Slayer!" Mitsuko said. "Eat, Yumiko, it's best for you." a familiar voice said. "Huh, what? Isn't that Rengoku-san voice?" Yumiko thought.