Strange Behavior

"Hey, angel!" I waved at my beautiful girlfriend.

She glanced over at me and gave a small smile. "Hi."

She seemed... different. Her voice was softer and she wasn't really looking at anything other than the ground.

"Hey... everything ok, angel?" My voice was softer, I attempted being gentler with her- to which, I was successful.

She nodded, still staring at the great. "Yeah. Why?"

"You seem a little off today. And you were gone for a whole week. Did something happen?"

Tears built in her eyes, my heart aching at the sight.

I shook my head. "Never mind. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. Ok?" I gently cupped her face in my hands, giving her forehead a soft kiss. "You know I love you, right?"

She nodded. "Love you too."

I don't know what happened while she was gone, but I wasn't going to force it out of her.

I should have risked our relationship to help her...
Maybe if I had, she wouldn't have done it...
She'd still be around and we could keep being lovey-dovey...
I'd still be able to give myself to her over and over again...
Fuck I miss her....

"Wanna come to my house after school?" I had hugged her, pulling her close to my chest and slowly running circles onto her back.

She did what I hadn't expected- Y/n declined. "I can't today. Sorry, Rin."

I gave her a small smile. "It's ok. You have nothing to apologize for."

I wish I had known what you apologized for in that moment.
Would I have forgiven you?
Most likely because I love you.
I would've helped you.
I didn't want any of that to happen....

"Do you want me to walk with you for a little?"

Y/n, yet again, declined my offer. "No, you can just go to practice. I'll be fine."

My smile started fading. "Y/n."

She stopped walking and turned to look at me. "Is something wrong?"

I want to ask her that, but I know she won't tell me. "Do you want to spend the weekend at my house?"

She hugged me. "Yeah. I'd love to." She nuzzled her face into my shoulder. "I love you, Rin."

The smile came back to my face. "I love you too, angel."

I miss that clinginess, angel.
When can I have that again?

I didn't want to walk separate ways, but she had to go home and I had to get to practice. "Hey... angel?"

She met my gaze with her sweet smile plastered on her face. "Yeah?"

"I know you don't want to talk about it... but why were you acting differently today?"

She sighed, her gaze breaking away from mine. "I... I..."

"You don't have to answer. I shouldn't have asked. Why were you absent for a week?"

"I was really sick."

You were...
But you also weren't...
You technically didn't lie to me...
But you hadn't given the full truth....

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Please don't apologize, Rin. You never have anything to apologize for."

I'm sorry, Y/n....

"Ok. Are you feeling better now?"

"Much better now that I'm with you."

I smiled, closing the gap between us and kissing her passionately. I held her gently, keeping her close.

I didn't want to let her go- this moment was too good. I just didn't want any of this to end. Forget everything else- I only know Y/n and my love for her.

"I'm gonna marry you one day."

Am I going to be able to marry you?

Do all good things really have to come to an end?

How long will I have to wait?

How long are you gonna make me wait for you, angel?