Sunday

*sunday*

I woke up even earlier than I normally do and headed to the woods, that's the first place he would head anyway.
I sit and wait at our spot.
While I wait I try and decide who the girl who picked up the phone is. I go through every other option but I think i know who she really is to him. Was it really less than a year ago he was telling me that he was in love with me in that small cottage by the lake? Could he really forget about all we went through so fast? Deep in thought I don't even hear Gale walk up behind me and I jump when he says my name.
"Never can come here with out making my heart jump out of my chest, can you? I ask on the verge of tears remembering old times.
"I could I guess, but Where's the fun in that?" He says with a forced chuckle
He moves a couple feet towards me slowly as if he will scare me off. Once he's less than an arms length away, we both stand and stare at each other. There are so many things I want to ask him, to tell him. But being me I ask the stupidest question for the situation right now.
"Who is she" is my question
I see that my question bugs him because his passive look changes into anger.
"She's my girlfriend, katniss" he replies with ice in his voice. The way he says my name, my real name with such anger to cover up his real emotions hurts.
"Why did you leave?" I ask in a much softer voice this time, so soft it's almost a whisper. I'm almost afraid of his answer, I'm stuck in between wanting him and wanting him as far away as possible. He is the one who killed prim. I remind myself that he designed the bomb but it's coins fault. She is the one who sent prim, underage and who gave the orders to drop the bombs.
" I left because..... Because you needed me out of your life, katniss, don't try to argue with me because You and I both know it's true" he says, I look up and see that there are tears in his eyes. My heart hurts so much knowing that I caused that and that I can't fix it. If I could make sure that I never have to see him this sad again. And this is why I can't have him, I can manage to hurt him in under five minutes of seeing him.
"You blame me for what happened to her, I always cause you pain and-"
"Stop,stop!" I cut him off "please stop, I don't blame you, you don't cause me pain you are my best friend and I...I love you" I say then I break eye contact with him to stare at my feet. Carefully he puts his fingers under my chin and gently pushes my head up to meet his gaze. " I love you too, catnip" he says in almost a whisper and kisses me so lightly that it could hardly be called a kiss.
"Gale" I whisper
"Shhh" he mumbles into my lips as he kisses me again, and this time I kiss him back.

--------
Short chapter I know but I will make them longer in the future. Is anyone actually reading this please comment if you are! ( this is only my second or third fan fiction so I'm sorry if this isn't very good, comment about what you want to happen with this story, thanks!)