3: Tao

"So, you're eating disorder has gotten worse?"

Charlie sighed and nodded. "Nick told you."

Geoff nodded. "Yes, he was very concerned about you. He already thinks you're eating less and less."

"I'm trying to cope with it."

"Yet Nick is still concerned-"

"Why is Nick even telling you stuff. He shouldn't tell you stuff about me. I tell him things in private that i'm not ready to share and then he comes at you?"

"He only did that because he cares for you."

"Bullshit, if he did care, he wouldn't be sharing private things. The dinner thing happened last week. It's getting better now."

Geoff raised an eyebrow. "Is it though? You seem very angry."

"Well i'm angry at Nick."

Geoff nodded and wrote it down on his pad. "And you're sure it's not because your eating disorder worsened?"

Charlie stood up. "I'm done here."

"Charlie, we're not done with your session. Sit back down."

"I'm not a dog." Charlie opened the door, left and banged the door behind him. Geoff sighed and dialled a number. "Hello? Yeah, you're right, it did get worse."

_______

Charlie opened the door and saw Nick in the doorway with crossed arms. "Geoff called me. He said you just, walked out of your therapy session?"

"So? Why do you care?"

"Why do i- Charlie, are you serious?"

"I don't need you to fix me."

"Charlie!"

"Just leave me be!" Charlie went up the stairs to their bedroom and locked the door. Nick sighed and called Tao.

_______

"Is he still upstairs?"

Nick nodded. "His eating disorder got worse, and his behaviour too."

Tao sighed. "Look, you're his husband. I don't know why you called me, you know him best. He always confided in you with his mental health problems."

"Yeah, but you know him longer."

"Mate, I don't know what to tell you. If he doesn't wanna talk to you, then you should leave him alone for a while."

"Tao!"

Tao sighed. "Alright alright, I'll try. But if he doesn't wanna talk to me, i'm not gonna push him, kay?" Tao went up the stairs and knocked on their bedroom door. "Charlie? It's me, Tao."

"Go fucking away!"

Tao shrugged and went down the stairs to where Nick was waiting. "Alright, I tried."

"What, that was it?"

Tao sighed and sat down on the stairs. "Look, the man doesn't wanna talk. If you wanna be a good husband, I suggest you give him space."

"Yeah well i'm worried for him. This whole week he slept like 3 hours, barely ate anything and he's suddenly wearing more baggy clothes. He obviously relapsed. I wanna be there for him but i- I don't know what the fuck to do." Nick sat down next to Tao on the stairs with his head in his hands. "I failed him." Nick sobbed.

Tao sighed and petted Nick's back. He never really liked Nick, but in moments like these, he could see he cared a lot for Charlie.

"Look, I'm not sure, but maybe ask Elle? She knows him the longest. Sure he told her something too."

Nick looked up from his hands, with tears in his eyes. "I don't have her number."

Tao sighed, took a pen and a piece of paper and wrote Elle's number down. "Here, call her whenever. But I suggest you call the doctors or something. they know more."

Nick nodded and hugged Tao. "Thanks."

"Okay okay, enough hugging." Tao left and Nick took a look at Elle's number written down. "I'm gonna help you, Charlie." he said hopeful.